Working under direction, the Associate Manager of Medical Information will respond, verbally and in written format, to medical inquiries from healthcare professionals, patients, and consumers (or, at a regional level, to medical affairs staff in affiliates and distributors in response to escalated, complex requests). Routine responsibilities may include:
• Utilizing Standard Response Documents (SRDs) and custom responses (CRs) to provide scientifically balanced responses to external parties (healthcare providers and patients) or internal parties (affiliates and distributors) requesting medical or product information
• Creating or updating SRDs
• Researching and creating new scientific responses to unanticipated inquiries
• Maintaining a record of all interactions via a relational database
• Recognizing, obtaining pertinent data on, and accurately transmitting adverse events or product complaints to the appropriate internal departments
• Evaluating drug compendia for accuracy, if applicable
• Attending scientific conferences and answering questions at medical booths
• Developing and communicating metrics for other internal departments
• Reporting adverse events per Standard Operating Procedure
• Leading internal and external QA processes which may include evaluating product inquiry reports, creating a system to solicit feedback, and ensuring consistency of responses
• Interacting with affiliates and ensuring the proper triage of international queries
• Leading the publication update of annual regulatory reports for Gilead’s marketed products, if applicable
• Managing employees and/or small teams
• Updates and ensures compliance to Medical Information standard work practices and operating procedures
• Developing departmental strategic initiatives to address major activities within assigned therapeutic area (product launches, labeling updates, etc)
• Developing and maintaining a deep knowledge of product, disease state and competitor knowledge for assigned therapeutic area
• Critically reviewing, editing, and/or writing scientific documents such reimbursement dossiers, draft manuscripts, and slide sets
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Knowledge of therapeutic areas in which Gilead is operating
• Strong organization and project planning skills
• Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Must have a strong attention to detail, excellent project management and problem solving skills, and thinks creatively.
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal departments and external contacts
• Strong attention to detail, excellent project management and problem solving skills
Specific Education and Experience Requirements
Advanced scientific or medical degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, RN or equivalent) is preferred. Minimum of 3 years of experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical, or medical communications field is required.
Established in 2004, MWIDM currently employs over 3,500 industry professionals supported by 38 national and international locations throughout the U.S., India and Canada. It’s an exciting time at MWIDM as we make significant investments in growing our Healthcare staffing division.
Why Work Here?MWIDM is a certified minority and women owned business enterprise (MWBE) committed to maximizing global workforce solutions on behalf of its clients. With over a decade of experience, MWIDM provides Workforce Solutions to a broad range of business sectors including Systems Integration, Banking & Finance, Telecommunications, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Energy, Technology and Supply Chain. Established in 2004, MWIDM currently employs over 3,500 industry professionals supported by 38 national and international locations throughout the U.S., India and Canada. It’s an exciting time at MWIDM as we make significant investments in growing our Healthcare staffing division.
MWIDM Inc. is one of the leading Staffing company with 3800 active workforce across the US, we provide great benefits and best pay rates.
Santa Monica, CA