Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant
Location: Orange, CA 92868
Duration: 3 months contract
Specialty: Health care
Shift: Day (8 Hours) 8:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Procedural based ambulatory setting experience (urology, ENT, etc).
- Experience performing and/or assisting with various office procedures and following infection control procedures.
- Experience preparing patients for exams or procedures, collecting specimen, and accurately labeling and delivering specimens.
- Accurately measures and records vital signs. Recognizes critical deviations in the patient's condition, takes appropriate action and accurately documents all activities as required
- Assists patient with hygiene, elimination, routine skin care, comfort measures and other Activities of Daily Living (ADL), in consideration of patient age, gender, culture and stated preferences, maintaining patient privacy and respect at all times. Assumes responsibility for maintaining a clean & safe environment.
- Receives and accurately inventories patient belongings and sends to Patient Property when appropriate. Performs Point of Care Testing (POCT) Quality Controls per standards as required
- Experience preparing exam rooms and patient for clinic visit, preparing patient medical records for clinic visits, taking and recording vital signs including temperature, pulse, weight, respiratory rate, blood pressure, etc., documenting appropriately.
- Experience with schedules, reschedules, cancels or confirms patient appointments, and obtaining demographic information from patients and enters into appropriate computer system.
- Experience reviewing and verifying medical coverage and determines patient eligibility in relation to established program, insurance, or contract standards.
- Experience performing general clerical and reception functions associated with the operations of the clinic, answering incoming phone calls, maintain records, prepares reports and updates patient files, and reads messages, clarifies patient requests / information, and forwards to physician.
- Patient Population: Adults and Geriatrics
- BLS certificate
- Medical Assistant Certification required (From California Board)
- 2 years of minimum