Test Senior Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
MW Partners is currently seeking a Test Senior Engineer to work for our client who is a leader in the technology industry.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Requires someone with more experience and capable of overseeing day-to day on the project; will be responsible for maintaining progress and providing updates
- Performs design, development, testing, analysis and documentation of analytical experiments that model anticipated performance of Cloud Service Provider targeted products.
- Performs experiment design as well as development, testing, analysis and documentation of system performance characteristics.
- Assignments include testing and analysis of standard components, as well as evaluation of enhancements, and modifications to existing products.
- Responsible for executing performance evaluation in the development of new and existing products and technologies for Cloud Service Provider customers. Duties include building systems and executing performance testing
- Execute performance evaluation test on various products with limited or moderate scope & complexity. Uses tools appropriately with technical guidance and completes tasks as well as assignments with general direction.
- Follows standard Engineering practices under the direction of others. Implements work plans and schedules as assigned. Demonstrates self-initiative and seeks assistance as needed.
- Perform load tests to validate system performance and stability
- Provide technical assistance to improve system performance, capacity, reliability and scalability
- Perform root cause analysis of performance issues and suggest corrective actions
- Oversee system performance lifecycle and identify key metrics for performance improvements
- Evaluate system performances and recommend improvements
- Generate performance reports for management review
- Very detail oriented with good knowledge and application of engineering concepts.
- Possesses good product/technology/industry knowledge regarding performance tools and test methods.
- Good verbal; communication and written skills.
- Good problem solving skills. Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating system environments.
- Ability to work in a team environment to collaborate and discuss the technical aspects of the performance requirements to ensurethey are properly understood
- Good understanding of Server/Storage products, including devices and technologies such as Server BIOS and BMC, iDRAC, PCIe Switches, NVMe and SAS/SATA drives, GPGPUs, PDUs, Serial Switches, etc., and deployment /management tools and capabilities. Extensive level x86 system engineering experience with focus on systems performance
- Technical software background that includes SW evaluation experience of server architecture including BIOS and IDRAC(BMC) interfaces
- Analyze performance requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans & documentation
- Strong ability to organize and manage multiple projects, set priorities and ensure assignments are completed timely
- Results driven ability to drive external teams to achieve business objectives
- Should be familiar with Intel/AMD whitepapers for x86 CPU/BIOS performance tuning
- Experience with performance tuning tools
- Expertise with EMC PowerEdge servers
- Knowledge with routers, switches, KVM, DNS, PXE, WDS, VMWare
- Good understanding of Linux and Windows environments and applicability of solutions based on Linux and Windows environment on top of enterprise class dense and traditional server platforms.
- Linux scripting and automation development
- Experience in running one or more benchmark tools for cloud workloads listed below
- Google PerfKitBenchmarker
- Spec Suite (int, float, jbb)
For a confidential discussion or to find out more, contact Kavya Sree on 312-471-6418 or apply now.
TechnologyView all jobs at MW Partners