MW Partners is currently seeking a Senior Social Media Producer to work for our client who is a leader in the media and entertainment industry.
To be considered for this posThe ideal candidates for this role will have Newsroom experience.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Your biggest responsibility will be creatively using CNET’s social handles expand the awareness of our day-to-day coverage, product reviews, how to, advice and video content.
- As the Senior Social Media Producer, you’re also in the unique position of sculpting the voice and tone used by our social producers, offering feedback and helping improve their work and ideas.
- That goes hand-in-hand with offering feedback to the social, editorial and video teams on ways that they can build off of successes, along with constructive criticism.
- You will also be responsible for creating or assigning the creation of visual or video assets for use on social platforms.
- You’ll also have to react to breaking news situations, sculpting language for swift tweets, coordinating with CNET’s editorial team for ongoing coverage.
- When the news cycle isn’t firing on all cylinders, you’ll be comfortable using tools like Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Omniture and more to identify coverage opportunities, new ways to engage with audiences and learn from the competition.
- This person will be responsible for leading social coverage from Monday through Friday, though some weekend work and evening hours will be required as news breaks and embargoes drop.
- Contributing to and executing CNET’s strategies for its most prominent social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flipboard.
- Developing growth opportunities with IG TV, vertical storytelling, Pinterest and any other platforms that CNET doesn’t already have a longstanding foundation.
- Creating new ways to bring more attention to CNET’s suite of in-house experts and reporters across all social platforms, and instructing them on ways to deepen their relationships with readers and relevant communities.
- 3-4 years of journalism, publishing experience.
- Experience using tools like Chartbeat and CrowdTangle to evaluate performance and opportunities for improvement.
- Experience editing others’ copy, video production and providing constructive feedback.
- Experience growing and engaging with an online community.
- Ability to move quickly and make snap judgements about newsworthiness, coverage of sensitive topics.
- A passion and understanding of the technology industry, popular culture and the ties that bind them.
- A passion for developing platforms and presences that serve CNET’s readers first and foremost, helping those in need of expert buying advice or information about the way tech is impacting their daily lives.
- Experience editing social video.
- Experience managing publisher YouTube presences.
- Experience with Indesign, Photoshop or other design tools.
- Experience with Omniture or Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of SEO fundamentals.
- Experience with reporting tools like PACER and Dataminr.