MW Partners is currently seeking a Principal Software Development Engineer to work for our client who is a leading multinational financial services organization.
This position will be responsible for leading software engineering projects in developing high quality, secure, scalable Java web services and related custom Java applications based on technical/functional requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget. Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the requirements of SLA’s.
Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, & architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Design and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with other Engineers & Engineering Team.
- Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints.
- Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks.
- Document software programs as per software development best practices. Follow quality assurance and quality control processes, managing security best practices in product code, design, infrastructure and architecture.
- Ensure test coverage for unit testing and support integration and performance testing.
- Perform feature/enhancement estimates, demonstrations and related activities.
- Support level 3 production problem management including root cause identification and resolution.
- Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps
- Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design trade-offs.
- Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to translate product use cases and requirements to industry-leading design, architecture and implementations. Set architectural direction by grooming and prioritizing architectural stories related to baselining software stack, realization of non-functional requirement etc. and critical domain stories. Influence the product owner to balance the business and technical priorities and the value of the architecture work.
- Participate in development and code review of key functionalities.
- Provide ongoing guidance to teams on development standards, automation and tools and processes such as Agile, Lean, etc.
- Hands-on, high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function independently under pressure.
- Expert in Java, J2EE, Web Services (REST, SOAP), API Gateway, ESB, Integration patterns, Security standards, Spring boot, Spring MVC, Spring 4.0, concurrency and threading, Collections
- Expert in core enterprise architecture discipline aspects - scalability, resiliency, availability, recoverability, maintainability etc.
- Web application related technologies – Java, Spring, .NET
- Mobile App technologies – native iOS and/or Android development, cross-platform, wrappers
- API and Contract Testing using REST Assured/Postman/Swagger/SOAP UI + Groovy/Spring Cloud Contract
- Functional testing using Selenium/Jbehave
- Test Driven Development TDD Methodology and Unit Testing using Junit/XCTest
- Use of mocking frameworks such as API Service Virtualization/Mockito/OCMock
- Static Code Analysis using SonarQube/Xcode Static Analyzer
- Hands on with Jenkins/PCF or similar tools for automated provisioning of build and test infrastructure
- Troubleshooting with Splunk, API aids like Swagger/Postman and source control systems like Git
- Understanding of Web/Application servers like JBoss, Apache Tomcat. Good to have knowledge of Webseal, F5, Payment domain knowledge.
- Multi-tiered Web application deployment knowhow, Capability of building high quality, highly secured & high performing payment processing solution.
- Hands-on knowledge of tools like Sonar, Dynatrace, GIT, Rally/Jira, CI (Jenkin / Bamboo)/CD, Splunk
- Knowledge of cloud based hosting concepts using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) and 12 factor coding paradigm.
- Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – with strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills
- Proven experience in SDLC & implementation of Projects
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Domain/Functional knowledge - Banking, Financial Services, Payments, Insurance, Retail, Technology etc.
- Security – Security Architecture, Privacy & Security by design, vulnerability management, access controls, credentials management.
- Knowledge and practical experience with Domain Driven Design (DDD) methodology
- Smart Card Technologies – EMV, Biometric Match-on-card, Tokenization, etc.
For a confidential discussion or to find out more, contact Sana Hashmi on 213-261-0487 or apply now.
MW PartnersMW Partners is a rapidly growing Women and Minority owned company that provides Professional and IT Staffing Services on a contract, contract to hire and direct hire basis.