- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MW Partners is currently seeking a Linux Administrator to work for our client who is a leader in the insurance industry.
We are seeking an experienced Linux Administrator to join our Operations Team. The Linux Administrator needs to have a deep and broad knowledge of computer software, hardware, and networks and will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting our systems.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Linux systems implementation
- Full IT system lifecycle administration from installation to decommissioning of systems in both physical data center and cloud
- Perform end to end management of on-premise and cloud based Linux systems
- Responsible for ensuring uptime of critical business systems and infrastructure through monitoring and timely remediation of critical infrastructure issues
- Measurement, optimization, and tuning of system performance and ensuring that systems will run reliably and are highly available in a 24/7 production environment
- Proactively monitor the health and utilization of systems
- Install, harden and patch Linux operating systems
- Plan, coordinate, and execute installation of new releases and upgrades of hardware/software
- Develop automation with Ansible, bash, python, or related technologies
- Serve on a rotating 24/7 on-call support team
- Embrace Infrastructure-as-Code
- Support incident management resolution and root cause analysis
- Assist in defining and designing system specifications and procedures
- Ensures adherence to all regulatory compliance processes and requirements
- Support security audits, accreditation, and certification processes
- Partner with GRC teams to lead deployment of secure and compliant systems and services on-prem and in the cloud
- Partner with application teams to understand performance and capacity requirements of solutions and services
- Create procedure documentation and develop SOPs and run books
- Update existing documentation and identify and draft new documentation where appropriate
- Stay up to date on best practices involving Linux based systems and recommend changes to keep systems and infrastructure secure and robust
- Information Systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Intimate and extensive knowledge of Linux Administration and Engineering
- 4+ years of hands-on IT systems or relevant experience in a commercial production environment
- 4+ years of experience in Linux Administration
- 4+ years of experience troubleshooting skills in a multi-user high availability environment
- Working knowledge of RedHat Satellite
- Experience with Veritas Infoscale preferred
- Experience with compliance and patch management tools like Tanium, Qualys, Vulcan
- Familiar with DevOps toolchain, i.e. BitBucket, JIRA, Jenkins Pipeline
- Strong collaboration and problem-solving skills, with the ability to work alternative coverage schedules
- Strong initiative and passionate about learning new technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- AWS configuration, deployment and support experience
- Exposure to distributed systems networking concepts & protocols
- Experience with Infrastructure monitoring tools
- Fundamental Understanding of Networking & Security
For a confidential discussion or to find out more, contact Rhea Ann on 415-858-7347 or apply now.
TechnologyView all jobs at MW Partners
Get fresh Part Time Linux System Administrator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.