MW Partners is currently seeking an IT Specialist - Utilities to work for our client who is a well-known leading utilities company.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Serving in this role, you will learn/ refine your skills, working with the power system configuration, control system database and display editing tools and has thorough understanding of the grid operation, substation construction and maintenance and engineering business processes.
- You will maintain the control system databases and displays as related to Transmission and Distribution Operations, Engineering and several other T&D businesses.
- You will conduct analysis, and provide recommendations to address database and display issues as they relate to the operation and control of an electric utility as well as implementing tools and utilities to enhance and automate the generation of databases and displays.
- You will work closely with the business clients to understand their needs, scheduling team for the visiting client’s sites to gather their input and provide refresh training on user interface and applications.
- You will also work with PSC infrastructure engineers and other PSC groups to implement T&D capital infrastructure replacement jobs and automation projects.
- You will also be responsible for tier one service desk function and the handling of all service requests from T&D Operations.
- Serving in this role, you will ensure the database and displays used by T&D groups are maintained accurately and according to the standard as well as adhere to policies and in compliance with NERC and FERC.
- AS Degree in Computer Science or related field plus two (2) years of computer experience working with in an enterprise support role OR any equivalent combination of education, certification and experience.
- Must have received or will receive a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or other STEM related discipline, from an accredited institution with a graduation date of December 2019 – May 2020.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications such as: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint.
- Strong oral communication, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be assertive and take the initiative to complete tasks/assignments, and achieve goals/expectations beyond what is required.
- Ability to continuously learn and improve technical skills, knowledge, and performance.
- One (1) or more years of experience in either academic, internship/ co-op, professional or volunteer environment working with either internal or external clients.
- Prior experience performing database and display work or related functions.
- Basic level of understanding of operating systems, networking, and database management.
- A minimum of four (4) years of working in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, and working independently to successfully install, configure, maintain, and support Windows and/or Mac desktop operating systems and layered software.
- Proficiency with some or all of the following technologies: SMART Technologies, Apple IOS, CPS, Windows 7/8, OSX 10.x, Microsoft Office, Browsers, Local Account Management, Scripting, Installs and removals, Registry, Command line, Help ticket system, System Management Tools.
For a confidential discussion or to find out more, contact Vikas on 213-337-8668 or apply now
MW PartnersMW Partners is a rapidly growing Women and Minority owned company that provides Professional and IT Staffing Services on a contract, contract to hire and direct hire basis.