Manufacturing Product Engineer
MW Components Baltimore, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Manufacturing Engineer provides the necessary link between customer requirements and manufacturing processes. Develops and improves manufacturing methods, applies lean concepts and techniques to optimize processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION
- Performs a variety of engineering assignments in developing and implementing production/processing methods and controls to meet quality standards in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing issues resolving production/work in process problems while optimizing efficiency and eliminating downtime.
- Evaluates process flow and plant layout recommending and implementing improvements and/or modifications in sequence of operations and equipment utilization in order to improve thru-put, reduce labor/manufacturing costs and improve safety.
- Develops costs for test production data; prepares technical analysis, recommends production methods and processes required to meet design objectives.
- Reviews proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernized production/processing equipment and monitors equipment upgrades and improvements.
- Continuously monitors operations to ensure compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Coordinates and develops manufacturing schedules for projects.
- Develops the PFMEA’s control plans and schedules.
- Performs line validation and trial run management.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Strong technical and analytical ability.
- Project management and organizational skills preferred.
- Manufacturing experience in lean and cell manufacturing, process improvement, and equipment development, equipment buy offs, direct equipment installations, daily support, and debug.
- Experience working with customers and sales preferred.
- Ability to work with and communicate at all levels of manufacturing environment.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, specifically in metal working.
We provided equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
You should be proficient in:
- Production Setups
- Blueprint Reading
- Quality inspection
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Mechanical Assembly
ManufacturingView all jobs at MW Components