The selected candidate will be responsible for all phases of the System Development Life Cycle for a multi-tiered complex processing system. The responsibilities will include both new development as well as maintenance tasks. Specific tasks will include:
- Responsible for guiding the technical design for new development and system enhancements.
- Responsible for coordinating the technical solutions among various technical support groups.
- Presentations of technical solutions to management and technical support areas.
- Responsible for implementing technical solutions.
- Guiding requirements gathering sessions.
- Guiding the analysis of requirements and system design work.
- Development of technical design documents and program specifications.
- Coding, unit and integration testing of programming assignments.
- Writing and tuning SQL
- Technical Support of user testing efforts.
- Performance tuning of new and existing applications.
- Production support tasks including analysis of issue, propose and implement solutions.
- Mentoring of less experienced staff would be required.
Specializes in analyzing, designing and implementing information systems. Assesses the suitability of information systems in terms of their intended outcomes and liaises with end users, software vendors and programmers in order to achieve these outcomes. Uses analysis and design techniques to solve business problems using information technology. Serves as change agent, who identifies the organizational improvements needed, designs systems to implement those changes and trains and motivates others to use the systems.
Expert: 84 + months - Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 48 months experience with a Government Taxation organization which includes hands on technical design, development, maintenance and end user support of complex Tax Accounting Systems
- 84 months experience with COBOL programming in an IBM Mainframe Environment
- 84 months experience with IBM MQ-Series
- 84 months experience with IBM DB2 working with complex databases architecture
- 84 months experience with IBM MVS JCL in a mainframe environment
- 84 months experience with Terminal Sharing Option (TSO) in a mainframe environment
- 84 months experience with CICS/Client in a mainframe environment
- 84 months of system analysis and design experience for multi-tiered transactional systems
- 84 months of experience writing technical design specification documents for multifaceted component- based systems