Daily tasks will include:
- Provide work flow support to the NYSCB staff.
- Gain a functional understanding of the software application technical aspects, interfaces, environments.
- Maintain the CIS SharePoint site and organize the documentation saved there.
- Coordinate CIS system releases with the vendor for the existing system into both the UAT and PROD environments.
- Help facilitate testing of the current/existing CIS system.
- Translate ITS environmental impact notifications and Communicate technical changes to the NYS environments, to the users (NYSCB), and the vendor, that may affect the current, on-premise CIS system.
- Help facilitate an understanding of the operational processes of the CIS application.
- Communicate and coordinate with the vendor on the current, on-premise CIS system regarding changes, problems, and end user performance issues.
- Organize and assist the OCFS Business Analysts with the documentation of requirements regarding system functionality for the new CIS system.
Studies the software application domain, prepares software requirements, and specification documents. Liaises between the software users and the software developers. Conveys the demands of software users to the developers. Skills include: working knowledge of software technology; computer programming experience/expertise; general business knowledge; problem solving/reduction skills; interpersonal relation skills; flexibility and adaptability.
Senior 60 - 84 months: Candidate is able to work independently, without assistance and provides guidance to others. May have an advanced education.
- 72 months experience facilitating meetings with users to identify & gather business needs, business rules & complex security requirements
- 48 months experience organizing the deployment of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications.
- 48 months experience working with users to clarify regulatory changes impacting the content of requirement documents and ensuring that changes to the production system are implemented and the system continues to function.
- 24 months of experience working with client/server applications in data center environment with relational database backend.
- 24 months of experience maintaining a SharePoint site used by a group
- Bachelor's Degree