Daily tasks will include:
- Guide multiple medium to large-scale business technology projects (500 users and over $1 million budgets) or work assignments with distinct deliverables to a solution.
- Develop and maintain business, functional and technical (software) requirements.
- Understand user view of application and /or technology and put procedures in a logical sequence ensuring that the system(s) delivered meet the desired expectations.
- Perform source system data analysis, data scrubbing, data profiling and define source to target mapping and report specifications.
- Perform data extraction and validation by writing SQL queries.
- Translate user requirements into clear, readable technical documents for development team.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain the following artifacts over the project life cycle: interface documentation, user and maintenance manuals, training plan, testing plan.
- Develop technical writing for proposals, presentations, standard operating procedures (SOP) and or any other customer deliverables and documents.
- Evaluate the proposed software solutions and help the users in the selecting the best in meeting the requirements.
- Coordinate with vendors on deploying application code, testing and moving the code through the tiers.
- Use recognized methodologies to elicit requirements from stakeholders and business users as the foundation for developing solutions to the organization's business needs and liaises with end users, software vendors and developers in order to achieve these outcomes.
- Develop technical/software requirements for future or to-be states of large business system projects using standard templates.
- Guide one or more system analysis projects involving the use of a broad range of tools and techniques.
- Develop data integration plans, source to target mapping (STTM) and provide subject matter expertise on canned, ad hoc reports to end users.
- Work closely with the developers, project manager and business users in defining the test strategy, plan and scenarios.
- Coordinate User Acceptance testing (UAT) and training of end users.
- Develop Business Cases, gather and organize preliminary analysis of information about costs/benefits, advantages/disadvantages, and technical feasibility of designing and implementing business solutions.
Studies the software application domain, prepares software requirements, and specification documents. Liaises between the software users and the software developers. Conveys the demands of software users to the developers. Skills include: working knowledge of software technology; computer programming experience/expertise; general business knowledge; problem solving/reduction skills; interpersonal relation skills; flexibility and adaptability.
Expert (84+ Months): Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 84 months experience performing systems, and data analysis for projects serving at least 500 users with budgets over $1 million: developing technical requirements and specifications according to standard templates; performing process and data analysis; and test plans creation, management and execution.
- 48 months development of Systems Documentation both "as-built and "to be state: gather, organize, analyze, and quantify data about customer needs and requirements, costs/benefits, advantages/disadvantages, technical feasibility of implementing new or changed software solutions, and comparisons of optional solutions
- 48 months experience in data modeling for on-line transactional processing systems, data warehouse, and reporting projects
- 32 months experience working on transportation systems involving Geographic Information Systems (GIS) mapping, and spatial data analysis serving at least 500 users with budgets over $1 million, re-engineering projects, such as Enterprise Asset Management Program (EAMP) and Jasper Reporting
- 24 months performing Software Analysis for New York State or Local Government entities by following the NYS Guidebook for Project Management and SDLC; or for implementing mandates or initiatives developed by NY State or Local Government entities.
- 24 months experience working on Transportation or Transportation Infrastructure Systems serving at least 500 users with budgets over $1 million.
- 24 months developing Source to Target mapping and Jasper Report Specifications
- 36 months leading or managing teams of 4 or more, or leading Systems Analyst program development or improvement efforts.
- Bachelor's Degree
- IIBA Professional Certification or Lean or Six Sigma Certification or other BA Certification