Daily Tasks include but not limited to the following:
- Use project management tools, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Visio to complete staff assignments, track project status and determine time estimates.
- Use project management methodology and documentation to manage the project. Plan and facilitate all required project and technical meetings including demonstrations of application development progress.
- Provide regular status reports detailing project metrics, progress, and mitigation strategies underway to address concerns.
- Partner with Business Analyst to ensure the business requirements are elicited from Business owners and key stakeholders. Ensure requirements are communicated, documented, addressed, and if approved, included in future project plans.
- Coordinate the creation of end user documentation (i.e., business requirements documents, use cases, flow charts, report mock-ups, swim lane diagrams, prototypes, and screen designs) with Business Analyst.
- Coordinate the development of test plans and testing with the Project Technical Lead.
- Act as facilitator and primary project manager for multiple projects related to the OASAS Business efforts; including but not limited to projects related to implementation of applications or infrastructure changes.
- Report status of current tasks and outstanding issues to supervisor.
- Adhere to all NYS Project Management directives and processes.
Plans, organizes and integrates cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
Expert: 84+ months. Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 96 Months Experience managing project execution and control, including maintaining project budgets, schedules, scope, requirements, status reports, communication plans, and quality
- Standards, processing project change requests and moving projects to execution.
- 48 Months Experience managing multiple projects on varied platforms simultaneously.
- 48 Months Experience managing vendor contracted projects and ensuring vendor meets the contract requirements.
- 36 Months Project Management experience implementing projects for mobile devices.
- 96 Months Project Management experience leading projects with direct stakeholder involvement at state government director level and above.
- 96 Months Experience in managing projects involving multiple Federal agencies, State agencies, or corporations.
- 36 months Experience using an IT Service Management System to update and maintain project management records, such as start/end date, estimates, cost plan, etc.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI)