The Project Manager will work closely with Medicaid Data Warehouse (MDW) program staff to provide project management to projects within the MDW. Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage project using a Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) based project management
- methodology containing well defined and documented processes, templates, and guidelines for all project phases, the adherence to which is required and managed by a formal Project Management Office.
- Prepare and manage Project Management Plan including but not limited to: scope statement, schedule, budget, quality plan, risks, issues and communication plan, etc)
- Prepare documents such as presentations, and meeting materials Track Project performance to ensure goals are being met
- Identify and facilitate communications with stakeholder groups
- Utilize formal project change process and communicate changes with all stakeholders
- Conduct periodic stakeholder analysis sessions to synchronize expectations, and facilitate lessons learned
- Develop transition plan(s) and execute those plans to ensure orderly transition to Operations
- Work with the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) to ensure project management activities at the MDW are in alignment with EPMO standards
Plans, organizes and integrates cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact.
Expert 84+ months: Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field
- 84 months of experience in managing, multiple IT projects where weekly interactions and communications with Executive level stakeholders were required. Please site type of interaction, Executive's title, and frequency of interaction/communication.
- 84 months of experience in managing COTS software implementation projects and/or in-house application development (SDLC) projects.
- 60 months of experience in developing and maintaining schedules in Microsoft Project.
- 60 months experience working with State, Federal or Local government agencies.
- 48 months of experience in managing software implementation projects or in-house application
- development projects using industry standard project methodologies, reporting into a formal project
- management office (PMO) and tracking project schedule and budget performance.
- 60 Months working on IT projects in the Healthcare industry, Medicaid or Medicare Systems.
- College degree Information Technology or Computer Science or similar field of study
- 24 months holding (PMP) Project Management Professional Certification