Title: Senior Civil Investigator
Location: Mobile, AL
Schedule: Regular Business Hours; Must be flexible to travel
About MVM, Inc.
Service, Support, Success are the pillars upon which MVMs founders built the company, and they continue to serve as MVMs core values. Along with our uncompromising insistence on integrity and ethical business practices, these values make us the service provider of choice for our customers and the employer of choice for our dedicated team members.
Working at MVM, Inc. takes a certain kind of person; we want someone who identifies with our values and is willing to challenge themselves both personally and professionally. We seek employees who are passionate about serving and making a difference in lives of others.
Were looking to add a Senior Civil Investigator in anticipation of a contract award. If you can envision joining a team where you will have the opportunity to provide mission driven results; then we are looking for you!
Heres what you need to be successful in this role:
- Coachable - Open to constructive criticism, with a strong desire to implement and sustain feedback by others
- Customer service orientated - Understand the value of a relationship by building trust and relating to the customer to ensure the conversation progresses properly and on tract. Honest and have the integrity to do whats right for our customers and for the business
- Curious - Actively seek information pertaining to our business, services and customer base
- Committed - Have the passion and perseverance for what you want to accomplish
- Willing to support critical duties - Support responsibilities that must continue to be performed during crisis situations and contingency operations
What Youll Get to Do!!
The Affirmative Civil Enforcement (ACE) Investigator will provide support related to civil investigation cases involving fraud and abuse of federal public funds and programs (healthcare fraud, procurement fraud, civil rights violations, etc.). The ideal candidate must be extremely well-organized and detail oriented, knowledgeable of investigative techniques and applicable laws at local, state and federal levels and able to understand medical records and medical billing processes and procedures.
Key functions you will perform!
- Work alongside the client to determine applicable laws and identify possible violations or causes of action
- Collaborate with federal, state and local agency/officials and other organizations as part of the investigation
- Analyze financial records obtained by investigating agencies through internal and external databases and submit reports documenting results when requested
- Examine books, ledgers, payrolls, cost reports, billing statements, invoices, correspondence, computer data and other records pertaining to allegations under investigation
- Prepare draft subpoenas, Civil Investigative Demands (CIDs) for testimony, documents, written discovery, and other forms of requests for information
- Utilize laboratories and other forensic services to identify handwriting, fingerprints, questioned documents, substances and sound and video recordings and other physical evidence
- Organize and conduct detailed examinations of information generated during complex criminal/civil investigations
- Conduct witness interviews and surveillance of suspects with appropriate law enforcement/investigative agencies
- Provide investigative support and communication to the government and all levels of staff and agencies
- Prepare legal correspondence and documents, interim and final reports, case exhibits and documentation
- Compile status reports, recommendations, documents of physical evidence and create charts, graphs, videotapes and other audio-visual materials for client use in motions and trial
What you will need to have:
- Experience in specialized areas such as forensic accounting, health care fraud, nursing, legal and/or law enforcement
- Experience in conducting investigations, reviewing evidence, conducting witness interviews and collaborating with investigative agencies to obtain evidence to corroborate allegations
- Working knowledge of current research and investigative techniques including the use of commercial databases and other sources of information
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- Availability to travel occasionally to Columbia, SC or other pre-approved sites for training purposes
- A detailed resume demonstrating related experience along with three (3) references is required
- Must be local to the Mobile, AL area
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- U.S. Citizenship and Favorable credit check
- Ability to obtain/maintain a Security Clearance
- Active public trust clearance is preferred
- Ability to deliver the highest quality of work under extreme pressure
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Undergraduate degree is preferred
- Ability to analyze, organize and present large volumes of data through the use of common software programs (i.e., word processing, spreadsheets, Case Map7, I-Ppro7, STARs, and other programs) is preferred
- Experience in reviewing and understanding medical records and knowledge of medical billing procedures is preferred
These requirements are thoroughly reviewed during the employment screening process. Acceptance for this opportunity is dependent upon meeting all qualification/selection criteria.
- Paid training, fun, talented and driven teammates
- Knowledgeable, encouraging and present leadership
- A diverse and community-minded organization
- Career growth and learning opportunities for aspiring minds
- A competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Recruiting Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
If you have what it takes, apply now!!For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.comMVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.