Human Services Counselor - Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
MVLE, a Fedcap program, is currently hiring for a full-time Human Services Counselor - Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist to provide coaching and counseling for a caseload of 30 individuals with disabilities in the Springfield, VA area. This counseling position earns a competitive wage.
In addition to competitive pay and our optimistic culture, we offer our Human Services Counselors - Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- A flexible spending account (FSA)
- Short- and long-term disability
- A 403(b) plan
- An employee assistance program
- A future mom's program
- Life insurance
So, now that you've learned the who, what, where, and why, you may be wondering HOW? It's easy! Just fill out our initial mobile-friendly online application. We hope to meet you soon!
This full-time vocational rehabilitation counseling position with our human services nonprofit works flexible hours throughout the week based on the client's work schedule.
As a Human Services Counselor - Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist with our nonprofit, you're responsible for working with employers to create jobs for individuals with disabilities. You network with local employers to establish and tailor jobs as well as with referral sources to increase the number of persons in our program supported each year. Twice a month or as needed, you meet with employers to evaluate service delivery and address any problems. You provide the appropriate training, coaching, and counseling support to individuals regarding work attitudes, work skills, and other duties to help them perform well in their positions.
Additionally, you collaborate with your colleagues on job development and creating goals for individuals as well as improving services and employment outcomes. You also develop and teach a competency-based employment curriculum and provide disability awareness training to employers, staff, and clients. Using your exceptional organizational skills, you keep track of individual case management documentation, including intakes, situational assessments, and monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
You maintain data related to outcome measures as well as documentation for billing, auditing, and client records. For our Ticket to Work program, you manage referrals, documentation, job development, retention, and billing. Serving as a liaison, you maintain communication with employers, families, human resources, and external or internal program candidates with disabilities. Having a job that uses your psychology and vocational rehabilitation expertise to do important work brings you great satisfaction, which is why you thrive in this counseling position!
Since 1971, MVLE has successfully provided a broad range of services that cater to the diverse needs of individuals with disabilities through specialized training and programs that foster their personal and professional growth. We create opportunities for individuals to find their independence through community-based activities, supported employment, and customized skills training. Our mission is to create futures one person at a time for people with disabilities and break down barriers to employment through support services.
Our services are only as effective as the quality of the people who make up our team. To achieve our mission, we strive to attract and retain talented and committed staff who believe in our cause. This is why we provide competitive compensation, great benefits, and plenty of opportunities for personal and professional growth.
OUR IDEAL HUMAN SERVICES COUNSELOR - VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION SPECIALIST
- Communicator - have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Helpful - can provide timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen their knowledge and skills
- Patient - able to remain calm and reasonable during stressful situations
- Leader - can effectively motivate and inspire others to put forth their best effort
- Motivated - able to organize materials to accomplish tasks and reach established goals
If this sounds like you, keep reading!
REQUIREMENTS FOR A HUMAN SERVICES COUNSELOR - VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION SPECIALIST
- Bachelor's degree OR college-level courses in human services, behavior management, psychology, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working with persons with disabilities in a vocational, residential, or recreational program OR from extensive personal involvement
- 2+ years of experience working directly with the Department of Labor (DOL), Medicaid, vocational rehabilitation services, and CARF regulations
- Ability to maintain the required clearances to enter secure government facilities
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record
Social Security Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) certification in Virginia or Maryland or Ticket to Work certification is preferred. Experience in customer service or sales and in behavioral training, placement, and recruiting for individuals with disabilities would be a plus, but multiple factors will be taken into consideration. If you meet the above requirements, we need you. Apply today to join our team as a Human Services Counselor - Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.