Senior Infrastructure Engineer (SaaS)
- Posted: over a month ago
Our client is the world's leader in scheduling and workforce management software. In response to COVID-19, they have partnered with government bodies and healthcare organizations worldwide to bring the fight to COVID. They are driving the rollout of vaccine programs at scale internationally and playing our part in helping the world reopen on schedule.
The client is looking to hire a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their Infrastructure Squad. You will be responsible for delivering scalable infrastructure for the product development teams to build upon, the network infrastructure to facilitate secure communications, and performant network traffic between global teams and our services. You will be a champion of observability and performance of our services, providing technical leadership through coaching and mentorship of other Engineers to ensure software can be best in class for stability and performance.
- Day to Day
- Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays, and cost ballooning across teams, before they require escalation.
- Takes ownership of decisions made across multiple tribes by helping them make clear decisions in alignment with PD goals, backing decisions made, and taking responsibility for their success.
- Ensures their commitments are realistic, understands their priority and urgency, and delivers upon them accordingly.
- Technical Duties
- Provides effective input to technical discussions / decisions that impact the company's ability to deliver quality engineering solutions.
- Consults and assists with implementation projects for any tribe in PD
- Drives observability work across multiple tribes based on the PD's observability approach.
- Delivers infrastructure enhancements with minimal technical assistance
- Contributes to incident response, recovery, review and remediation for any tribe in PD as needed.
- Communication Duties
- Communicate within your squad in an effective, clear, concise manner in both written and verbal form on technical and non technical subjects.
- Consistently works within your squad to help resolve blockers, and complete work tasks.
- Leadership Duties
- Mentors more junior teammates in an open, respectful, flexible, and empathetic manner
- Models Company and PD values
- Must have 3+ years cloud experience
- Must have 2+ years container orchestration (preferable Kubernetes)
- Must have 2+ years cloud automation experience (Terraform preferred)
- Strong AWS experience, particularly in multi-account organizations
- Must have US work authorization upon applying
- Fun, creative and fast-paced working environment
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits
- Competitive salary
- 7 paid sick days per year
- 4 weeks paid leave per year
- 10 days paid public holiday per year
- Stock Options/ Equity
- 401k 4% Company Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Employee Referral Bonus
MVG Consulting Group, Inc.
AddressSan Francisco, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at MVG Consulting Group, Inc.