MV Transportation is seeking a Dispatcher who works to direct the day-to-day route operations and reports to the Operations Manager. This work is done in compliance with the procedures defined by the client and in conformance with company procedures. His/her duties involve daily communication and interaction with drivers and clients. He/she must also organize and conduct activities to assure safe, cost-effective, on-time operating performance. Tracks and reports sign-in/sign-out times, assures routes are timely, and communicates service issues to the Operations Manager as appropriate.
- Monitors Driver’s Sign On, Yard Pull and completes daily Pull Sheet.
- Reports all Attendance Incidents (i.e. Call Off, Late, Early Out, and No Show) to the Operations Manager as appropriate.
- Monitors the Transit Master Operations to ensure On Time Performance is being met.
- Works as Customer Service Ambassador for the Transit Center during Commuter hours.
- Performs Ride Checks and Road Observations as needed.
- Performs Accidents Investigations and forwards paperwork to the Safety Dept.
- Communicates with the Operations Manager all service related issues and notifies the client (via email).
- Ensures all incidents that require monitoring be log into the Pass Down.
- Responsible for influencing positive employee morale and quality customer service.
- May assign trips to drivers to assure adequate disbursement of trips between all assigned routes.
- Participates in analysis and review of operating performance.
- All other assignments as directed by the Operations Manager and General Manager.
- Possess or have ability to obtain California Class B Driver’s License (with Air Brake, Passenger, endorsements and VTT).
- One (1) year previous Dispatcher experience preferred.
- Two (2) years of Driving and/or Customer Service experience is preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with Trapeze software.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and maintain composure under pressure in a fast pace environment.
- Demonstrate a high customer service commitment.
- Able to demonstrate professional phone manner.
- Knowledge of the service area is a plus.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.