Employment Consultant/Employment Specialist-McMinnville
- Posted: over a month ago
We are all human, and finding meaningful connections outside our homes is foundational to living a full and rich life. Having a paying job and active life is something many of us take for granted. Imagine having the desire to score your first real job, the satisfaction of your own responsibilities, the bonding and growth from being part of a team, and the reward from someone telling you, "Good job!" Or maybe want to join the local book club but do not have the ability to get there each week. Here is where our Employment Consultant/ DSPs come in! As an Employment Consultant/DSP, you will be directly contributing to the mission of MV Advancements by working side-by-side with those we support to help them overcome obstacles, find meaningful employment, and build community connections. That's what makes being an Employment Consultant amazing.A "Regular" Day as an Employment Consultant
Well, there is no such thing. If you're looking for structure and routine, this is not the job for you. If you are creative, driven, want to try new things to make an impact, and willing to fly by the seat of your pants when needed, read on...
Our Employment Consultants help real people in the real world. That means being available for real situations, which might come at 5:00 AM, or 8:00 PM. Generally, you would be working 40 hours a week, Monday through Friday. Tasks might include meeting a client on their first day on the job, helping to set up their workspace, or meeting another client at the eleventh hour on Friday to finish the last bit of their routine successfully.
This uncustomary schedule works great for individuals with flexibility and those who need flexibility. Our Employment Consultants team supports each other by restructuring schedules and lending a hand when needed. If you've ever been chained to a workstation with rigid schedule expectations, then you might value the freedom of managing your own time.Salary
This position starts at a competitive wage, $20.00 with a 15% shift differential. We are also currently offering a $500 sign-on bonus--$250 at the time of hire and $250 after your first six months-for certain positions. All hours worked between 10:00 PM and 6:00 AM on weekdays, and any hours worked on Saturday or Sunday earn a shift differential of 15% of your hourly rate! At $20.00 your shift differential would be $3.00 per hour, for a total hourly rate of $23.00 on nights and weekends!Qualifications for Employment Consultants
- Passion for service and desire to support others to achieve their employment goals.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 1-year job seeking or training-related experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possess the computer skills basic computer skills, familiarity with Microsoft products, and data entry.
- Proven experience reading, writing, and speaking English effectively in business communication.
- 18 years of age or older, possess a current valid driver's license with a driving record of 2 or more years of safe and responsible driving, and be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States at the time of hire.
- BONUS: Fluency in English/Spanish speaking, reading, writing, and translating would help expand our services to those whose primary language is Spanish.
- Sign-On Bonus-- $250 at time of hire, and $250 after 6 months of continuous work.
Our full-time benefits (30hrs/week or more) include:
- Paid Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid holidays plus two "floating" holidays
- Medical ($1000 Deductible, minimal copays, and available Flexible Spending Account) Dental, and Vision
- 100% Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- 100% Employer Paid Life and ad/d Insurance
- Participation in our Revitalization Program, which may be redeemed after seven years of continued employment for four weeks of paid time off
All employees can participate in our company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer contribution, a 100% employer-paid employee assistance program (EAP) for the employee and their household, access to telemedicine for the employee and anyone in their household, ability to earn PTO based on hours worked and state and federally mandated leave programs. These benefits are valued at an additional $6.70/hour!READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable, so we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for this job, supporting individuals with developmental disabilities, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our Recruitment Specialist via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or over the phone at 503-687-2504.
We take the care and safety of our clients seriously. To obtain a position, applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen (we are a drug-free workplace), and be approved through our agency-specific DHS background check. If you have questions regarding your ability to qualify, please feel free to call our office at 503-687-2504. MV Advancements is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at MV Advancements