Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
We are Muncie Power
At Muncie Power Products, "We Build Trust" is not just a slogan it's the way we do business. As a leading manufacturer of power take-offs and fluid power components, we've been building trust for 80 years with our reliable, quality products and dependable customer service. We want the next generation of employees to continue that legacy. As a mid-size company Muncie Power Products provides a culture that values our employees by offering professional development, wellness opportunities, and a supportive work environment.
Headquartered in Muncie, IN, we are a 5 Star Achieve Well certified company in the State of Indiana (highest award in the State of Indiana). We are looking for the right candidate to maintain and build off of that achievement.
Muncie Power Products (MPP) employees bring professionalism and dedication to the job, and in return, are provided formal training to become knowledgeable product experts. Our employees know, no matter the role, that they are an integral part of a team. Integrity and follow through are at the forefront of importance. From accounting and HR, to customer service, sales, IT and assembly; we know we aren't just making truck parts: we are meeting our customer's challenges with engineered solutions.
Location: Yorktown, IN
Work environment: Warehouse
Reports to: Kanban/Logistics Manager
Job description summary
The shipping & receiving clerk role is a full-time position. This position will check in and prepare merchandise to be placed into stock. They will also pull merchandise for prompt accurate shipping to customers/warehouses.
There is plenty of growth opportunities within the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare merchandise for shipment by packaging, preparing records of goods shipped, filling out bills-of-lading, and invoices, posting weights, verifies accuracy of shipments
- Pull materials from stock using forklift and/or pallet
- Notify freight company of outbound shipments
- Load and unload trucks using forklift/pallet jack and place in proper storage locations
- Maintain stock in an orderly and safe manner.
- Keep work area clean
- Assist in prioritizing incoming and outgoing shipments
- Prepare UPS shipments
- Assist in inventory control
- Lift and move heavy objects
- Operate forklift in accordance with OSHA requirements
- Operate pallet jack, weight scale, box strapper, staple machine, hand held scanner and computer
- Route incoming merchandise and materials to proper departments
- Reject damaged goods and follow Company procedures for returns
- Observe all safety rules, company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a lean distribution/assembly environment (preferred)
- This individual may be required to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Shipping and receiving experience in a distribution environment preferred
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Must have legible handwriting
- Self-motivated and work well with other employees
- Flexible to effectively adapt to changing conditions and job assignment
Muncie Power Products offers a highly competitive compensation and benefit package including Medical, Dental, Prescription, Life Insurance, Dependent Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Wellness Program Incentives, Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) Plan with Company match, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, Voluntary Life with Long-Term Care, Voluntary Accident.
Muncie Power Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Notice to Third Part Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Muncie Power Products does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement, Muncie Power Products shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Muncie Power Products.
MUNCIE POWER PRODUCTS INCMuncie, IN
Transportation and Storage
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.