Field Service Technician - Kansas City, Missouri
MULTIVAC Inc. Kansas City, MO
- Posted: over a month ago
Summary: This position is responsible for equipment installation and technical support of MULTIVAC product lines, and maintaining good customer relations. The position will investigate and resolve customer reports of technical issues with equipment, and eliminate future operational or service difficulties for customers. Due to our customers’ needs, priorities will change based on customer situations so individuals must be able to adapt to ever-changing work schedule and priorities.
Time Utilization: This position will travel up to 90% of the time. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate internal and external customers’ schedules. Must be willing to work outside normal business hours, including some weekends as required. There may be a schedule requirement that consists of ten (10) consecutive scheduled days of work followed by four (4) scheduled days of rest, and may commence on any day of the week. Must be able to travel with little notice as customer demands require.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Communicate with a scheduler on a daily basis, give updates on current job status, and receive additional job assignments. Maintain quality and quantity of work on equipment. Listen attentively and ask questions as appropriate. Complete work assignments with minimum supervision. Retrieve and respond to messages daily on all communication tools.
- Consistently make travel arrangements within company policy guidelines and in the most cost-effective and time-efficient manner possible. Keep service team members and customers informed of arrival times. Travel arrangements will include hotel, car rental, and flights.
- Install and/or repair new or modified equipment according to specifications at customer facilities in a timely manner to ensure full functionality. Upon completion of installation, all technical documentation will be provided to the regional scheduler.
- Provide onsite technical assistance to help troubleshoot and repair equipment in a reasonable amount of time. Provide a communication link between the customer and MULTIVAC to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Conduct training for customers on the safe operations of equipment, maintenance, and parts ordering. Provide contact information for the service team for future service needs and parts needs. Ensure customers are comfortable with the operational and safety procedures of their equipment.
- Complete service documentation on what was repaired during the service call and submit related expenses for the trip and time spent on the call. Reports are complete, accurate, and submitted within 24 hours of job completion. Weekly expense reports and timesheets are also completed in an accurate and timely manner. All expenses incurred are handled in a cost-effective manner.
Education/Experience: Associate's Degree or equivalent technical school diploma in electrical or mechanical engineering or similar discipline; or two years field service, packaging, maintenance or related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Electrical, pneumatic, mechanical, and machine shop skills required. Mechanical aptitude needed. PLC troubleshooting experience preferred.
Must have the ability to respond and adjust to changing or new situations. Work well in high-stress environments and maintain professionalism in dealing with customers and coworkers. Needs to be a self-starter and have the ability to work in unsupervised settings.
Must be able to troubleshoot basic mechanical, electronic, and operational aspects of machines. Responsible for machine service and concentrates on problem-solving and preventative maintenance. Excellent customer service skills.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel, as well as having a working knowledge of database applications, ERP systems, and contact management systems.
Certificates and Licenses: Current valid U.S. driver’s license. Must have the ability to obtain a passport.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and works near moving mechanical parts. The associate is frequently exposed to extreme cold (non-weather); extreme heat (non-weather) and risk of electrical shock. The associate is occasionally exposed to work in high, precarious places.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to climb or balance. The associate is occasionally required to sit.
MULTIVAC Behavior Standard: Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner at all times.
AddressKansas City, MO
EngineeringView all jobs at MULTIVAC Inc.