Summary: This position is responsible for fixed asset process and preparation for annual capital budget, cash flow reporting, and reporting for internal and external requirements in alignment with corporate and governmental policies and with respect to monthly, quarterly, and annual deadlines.
Time Utilization: Normal business hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm. Schedule needs to be flexible to accommodate internal and external customer’s schedules. This position may travel up to 5% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Maintain fixed asset records that are current and reflect the actual assets held by department. Monthly depreciation journal entry is prepared on a timely basis and any reconciling journal entries are timely and accurate.
- Prepare capital budget and track spending versus budget. The capital budget is completed accurately and on time and the progress toward completion of approved capital assets is recorded and reconciled monthly with open issues being resolved
- Responsible for daily cash reconciliation, month end bank reconciliation, monthly cash flow reporting, forecasting, and reconciliation by next month end.
- Maintenance of SAP cost center master data records including monthly review of postings.
- Monthly general ledger reconciliations and reporting.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly intercompany charge backs.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly VAT reporting.
- Responsible for quarterly license fee reporting with Multivac Worldwide.
- Periodic governmental reporting.
- Serve as a back up to Sales and Use Tax Accountant
- Assist with additional departmental duties as needed to support the accounting team as a whole
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or related field and five years related accounting experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience with IFRS preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, averages. Ability to apply basic arithmetic for use in accounting practices.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills. Working knowledge of accounting software and ERP systems required. SAP experience preferred.
Certificates and Licenses:
Current valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a passport for travel as required by position.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MULTIVAC Behavior Standard:
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a respectful manner with others at all times.
Why Work Here?MULTIVAC is one of the worldwide leading providers of packaging solutions used to pack a range of products including; food products, life science and health care products, and industrial goods. Our product portfolio covers nearly all the needs of the customer and includes - in addition to thermoforming packaging machines - traysealers, chamber machines, labelling and quality inspection systems, and even turnkey production lines. Our customers benefit from our profound knowledge of processes and systems and from an integrated advisory service all from one source.
Our employees are our most valuable asset and the most important investment for our future.