Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As the Issues Management AVP, you will play a highly visible role working cross functionally to work on the issues management process which requires analytical review, collaboration with stakeholders to ensure clear documentation of root cause, remediation plan and timely escalation for timely resolution. Additionally, the position will support team activities, such as developing and delivering on training objectives and establish key relationships with Business Unit Controllers, Regulatory Reporting and Data Tams to build a best of class issues management process.
From developing the issues management process to establishing relationships to building economies of scale process, you will be a critical team member that partners and is a trusted advisor to the business.
- Work directly with the VP of Program & Framework Management to maintain and enhance current process
- Evaluate data gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps, reconcile discrepancies, and decompose high-level information into details to drive decision-making
- Manage creation of a unified intake form within the system of record (Wdesk) and ensuring appropriate distribution
- Support regular touch points meetings with various teams and requesting monthly confirmations
- Maintain a central repository of qualitative overrides
- Track remediation of deficiencies/issues with issue owners
- Identify efficiencies within the current process and assist in updates to desktop procedures
- Assist in the identification and transition of tasks to offshoring vendor to gain operational and financial efficiencies
- Assist in standardizing internal processes and protocols related to execution and communication in the company and externally
- Conduct and obtain research to bring industry practice and current thinking into the discussions.
- Responsible for identifying relevant training topics, assist in developing training content
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance or equivalent practical experience
- 2-5 years of experience in audit (Sarbanes Oxley) or business process improvement
- Regulatory reporting, internal control testing, process mapping, or control analysis experience within the financial services industry or relevant experience is highly desirable
- Strong analytical skills and judgment required to assess risks and controls in business processes
- Experience working in teams and excels at navigating through conflict
- Proactive in approach, process leadership and project management skills
- Excels in working in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in handling multiple assignments effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Job: Risk & Compliance
Primary Location: ARIZONA-Tempe
Schedule Full Time
Req ID: 10030740-WD