Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
Under limited supervision, a Loan Service Specialist is responsible for consumer and real estate loan items such as: responding to customer inquiries via telephone and written correspondence; researching and resolving simple customer problems, posting cash transactions including payoffs, payments, credit line advances, exceptions, file maintenance; examining all collateral documents (notes, deeds, titles, etc.), set-up of new loans; auditing input accuracy on boarded loans; ensuring liens are released on collateral, completing requests for beneficiary demands, statements and full reconveyance; preparing collateral and loan file information for imaging, batching, scanning, indexing, committing to optical disc within Bank and regulatory guidelines. Possesses advanced knowledge and ability to perform all functions of Loan Service Processor, Rep I and Rep II in assigned area.
- Performs functions of Loan Service Processor, Rep I and Rep II in assigned area as required.
- Evaluate, research, resolve and respond to complex client (internal or External ) inquiries, verbally or in writing.
- Composes or prepares Bank / investor / vendor forms, business letters, memos, reports, documents and instruments and instruments.
- Verify loan documents and related forms for completeness and accuracy.
- Thoroughly familiar with general lending policies and bank procedures.
- Responsible for knowing and conforming to government, investor, Bank rules and regulations applicable to the specifically assigned function.
- Responsible for tracking productivity as directed.
- Provide guidance / training to Loan Service Processors, Rep I's or Rep II's as directed by supervisor.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Requires 3 - 4 years technical or loan servicing experience and knowledge of PC / computer systems.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with general lending policies and bank procedures.
- Must posses good reading, writing and math skills with excellent problem solving and multi-tasking abilities.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Job: Customer Service
Primary Location: CALIFORNIA-San Diego
Other Locations: TEXAS-Arlington
Schedule Full Time
Req ID: 10030324-WD