Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018) with total assets of over $2.9 trillion (106.2 (JPY) as of March 30, 2018) and 150,000 colleagues in more than 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
You will be responsible for:
1. Maintaining and servicing existing portfolio as Marketing Officer (MO),
2. Developing banking business with existing and new customers,
After joining the Corporate Banking Department within the Japanese Corporate Banking group, you will be responsible for generating significant revenue by actively managing business development opportunities and overseeing ongoing monitoring of client portfolio performance to maximize penetration and return working closely with related departments. You will develop, implement, and maintain deposit, cash management services, loan, FX, derivatives and cross-sell products for corporate customers across JCB (West).
Are you bilingual in English and Japanese and looking for a career as a corporate banker?
- You are responsible for developing new business, underwriting, structuring, and the closing of commercial loans, as well as maintaining and servicing the existing portfolio. You represent the Bank in targeted business community through active participation in the community affairs and ensures the marketing of all of the Bank's products and services.
- You will face off with customers to:
2. Develop new business such as commercial loan, deposit, transaction banking, foreign exchange and derivative,
3. Negotiate terms and conditions for maximizing profitability as well as minimizing risk.
- You will negotiate terms, structures loan financing based on risk considerations and presents credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority within the Bank as required. Supports the Bank's strong relationship banking culture through ongoing customer contact, quality customer service, and superior product knowledge.
- You operate as key member of the deal team and leads preparation of lending proposals and pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns as well as delivers activities in instituting cross-selling initiatives to clients across all areas of the Firm and transitioning them into significant sales.
- You will support RMs by acting as liaison between JCB and Product Office in NY, Head Office in Tokyo and MUFG's other branches/affiliates in order to develop new business and/or drive bank-wide project especially on foreign correspondent banking business.
- You will promote JCB (West)-wide various business promotion initiatives by coordinating action plan development, progressive monitoring, and relevant data analysis along with RMs and Planning.
- For the role you will perform all duties related to compliance matters as required by management. Ensure adherence to all bank policies and procedures relative to Regulatory Compliance as required.
- You perform and coordinate other duties and projects as assigned by Department Heads or Senior RMs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Finance/Economics or equivalent work experience required. MBA / CFA preferred
- 1 year or more of professional experience; banking experience in U.S. and international market place is preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong financial aptitude and broad analytical ability.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills including excellent business writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Knowledge of domestic and foreign financial markets and products, including nonbanking financial institutions.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Job: Corporate Banking / Relationship Management
Primary Location: CALIFORNIA-Los Angeles
Schedule Full Time
Req ID: 10029318-WD