Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world (as ranked by S&P Global, April 2018). In the Americas, we're 13,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, developing positive relationships built on integrity and respect. It's part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. We're a team that accepts responsibility for the future by asking the tough questions and owning the solutions. Join MUFG and be empowered to make your voice heard and your actions count.
As a risk manager in the 1st line of defense, you will be responsible for ensuring all open issues identified by banking regulators, internal audit, corporate compliance and management assigned to Financial Management of the Americas (FMA) are handled, remediated, and closed. In this role, you will also include the production of issues reporting to senior management.
- Handle the independent review and challenge of open issues closure requests by FMA managers and executives. Ensure integrity of issue closure requests prior to BURM and senior management review and approvals for submission to Internal Audit and Regulatory Affairs and regulators
- Understand risks and controls, root cause analysis of control deficiencies, audit and regulatory issues. Ensure remediation and supporting evidence is appropriate and timely. Provide feedback to managers
- Provide training and guidance to FMA business line managers and issue owners
- Track and monitor remediation progress across all Finance business divisions. Provide periodic updates to the Business Unit Risk Manager, some working committees, and senior management
- Work with the Business Unit Risk Manager team and the FMA organizational units to drive efficient and effective issue closures across Financial Management of the Americas
- Prepare periodic open issue management (OIM) reporting for Financial Management of the Americas for review by the Business Unit Risk Manager and senior management in preparation for Executive of Committee of the Americas
- Lead quality assurance related to open issues management reporting
- Ad-hoc reporting for issues management
- Establish strong working relationships with FMA Business Unit Risk Manager and the SF/LA/Tempe team
- Be a great partner with 1st line of defense business managers across Financial Operations of the Americas and other Business Unit Risk Management teams
- Build links with 2nd line of defense colleagues of the Risk Management of the Americas organization
- Maintain relationships with 3rd line of defense and external partners including Internal Audit of the Americas and the Regulatory Affairs Office and banking regulators
- College degree
- You have 4-7 years of demonstrated experience in financial services risk and controls related function such as Internal Audit, Operational Risk, SOX
- You possess intermediate to advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- You have deep knowledge and experience in financial processes risk and controls
- You have experience performing independent review and challenge of audit issues (e.g. root cause, remediation evidence, validation)
- Strong data mining and analysis skills to generate reporting
- You pay high attention to detail in internal control activities & reporting
- You have extensive knowledge of financial services including core processes of a finance organization
- Strong knowledge of governance, risks and controls related to a diverse set of finance functions in a bank
- Extensive knowledge of evaluating control environment including tests for design and operating effectiveness
- Familiarity with finance, treasury and accounting business processes, IT and systems, and end user computing controls supporting finance processes
- You have internal audit experience or knowledge of internal audit practices and perspectives
- You easily communicate and liaise with all levels of management
- Strong work ethic, ability to prioritize work and multi-task, make decisions & work under tight deadlines
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Primary Location: ARIZONA-Tempe
Schedule Full Time
Req ID: 10029464-WD