Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., we're 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team that's working to fulfill its vision to be the world's most trusted financial group.
Responsible for planning, conducting and directing the analysis of moderate to complex business problems/requirements to be solved with automated systems. Plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing and criteria specification for system to meet business requirements. Applies knowledge of the business unit and systems capabilities. This level is advanced and competent to work on moderate to complex projects and systems that cross divisional lines.
- Leads complex projects, conducts and facilitates meetings.
- Consults with users and vendors and develops detailed analysis of user requirements (business specification, hardware and software requirements).
- Works with business leaders and acts as a liaison between IT and business units (typically leadership for assigned business units).
- Clearly demonstrates understanding in project management, escalation, process management and business systems requirements definition.
- Directs solutions to system/business problems.
- Manages the more moderate to complex systems related projects and ensures that business users needs are met.
- Ensures that the design and integration of proposed system, software and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
- Leads project efforts and makes independent decisions to arrive at desired results.
- Prepares detail written documentation and business requirements.
- Coordinates system staff for specification changes, testing and implementation.
- Develops user test plan and test cases and is responsible for conducting user testing.
- Accountable for user sign-off of changes.
- Combines research and recommendations with requirements for systems or process changes.
- Documents methods, hardware, software or equipment that would enhance productivity.
- Leads the gathering of business needs as well as the design of solutions through direct interaction with business unit leaders.
- Advance communication skills for composing and writing original business letters, detailed business specification, recommendations and reports for presentation to management.
- Leads project efforts and understands the business and use of systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other directly related field.
- Hands on Agile experience
- 5 years of development/data analysis
- 5 years of implementing large projects at banks
- 5 years of experience with ETL, SQL, especially MS SQL Server
- 3 years of experience in trade surveillance
- In-depth knowledge of business practices, policies and procedures.
- Strong quantitative skills to develop and implement technology plans.
- Understanding of Capital Markets to communicate with clients to gather and document requirements.
- Fundamental SQL and Database comprehension for system and data analysis.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Job: **Systems / Technology*
Title: Business Systems/Data Analyst (SQL/ETL), Asst. Vice President
Requisition ID: 10026087-WD