Are you passionate about creating an exceptional client experience?
Discover your opportunity with Union Bank, a division of the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. At Union Bank, we care about the details that matter most to our clients. We have our clients' best interest in mind, drawing on more than 150 years of experience to understand their distinct needs and tailor our solutions. We're part of 150,000 colleagues around the globe striving to be the world's most trusted financial group. Trust starts with a culture of putting people first and empowering you to achieve your potential. Join Union Bank, where being inspired is expected and creating results is rewarded.
Have you always dreamed of pursuing a career where your interpersonal skills put the customer first and provide great customer service? We have the job for you !
Reporting to the Branch Manager and/or Branch Service Manager, the Branch Service Specialist is responsible for performing various duties including, responding to customer inquiries, processing transactions, customer requests, resolving difficult/complex issues, and making quality sales referrals. This position may receive day-to-day work direction from other branch officers.
What your role will be:
Under mentorship of office leadership, you will be responsible for:
- Customer Service Transactions.
- Ensure understanding of and adherence to all operating policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- You will provide an extraordinary customer experience when you are responding to customer requests, inquiries, and processing transactions within assigned authority.
- You'll respond directly to customer issues and complaints in a timely, professional, and effective manner.
- Raise more complex issues/complaints to the appropriate supervisor or co-worker within the branch if you are unable to resolve directly.
- You will maintain a cash drawer within prescribed cash limits and meet cash-balancing standards.
- Perform more complex tasks such as Safe Deposit activities, handling of customer requests/research, merchant teller services, remote branch capture, etc., in compliance with established standards.
- Identify Sales Referrals and recommend appropriate bank services that result in quality sales and best meet customers' needs.
- Participate in sales promotions to help meet monthly team goals.
- You may assist Manager in training tellers to effectively identify quality referral opportunities.
- Operations/Risk/Compliance Verify and/or approve various documents and transactions, (e.g., G/L tickets, IBC's, Customer Charges, Deposits, etc.).
- You will need to follow and adhere to all bank operational and security policies and procedures, including compliance and privacy policies to maintain customer confidentiality.
- Conform to all government compliance regulations.
- You need strong verbal and written communication skills to be successful.
- Entails that you have good leadership and interpersonal skills.
- You should be familiar with standard branch technology and teller equipment.
- Do you have passion for delivering excellent customer service experience?
- Do you have 2 years of recent cash handling experience?
- Good math, reading, and comprehension abilities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Requires 2 years of extraordinary customer service experience in a retail bank.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, it's the bank's policy to only inquire into a candidate's criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
Job: Consumer Banking
Primary Location: CALIFORNIA-Riverside
Schedule Part Time
Req ID: 10031949-WD