Head of Operations
- Expired: November 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing, and delivering aerospace products, services, and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer, and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international - with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe, and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Airbus Robotics designs, manufactures, and installs automated assembly and control systems for research and industrial manufacturing applications in the aerospace industry. Our tools are used in the direct manufacture of large-scale aerospace structures. We have a dynamic, talented and collaborative team and want those who are energized by contributing to eloquent and ingenious solutions to solve our customer's toughest problems.
- Leadership/Management: Participate in executive management of company to create and drive strategic business goals
- Business Operations: Provide executive oversight to business unit responsible for facilities, IT, Safety, Security, Purchasing, Ethics & Compliance and other activities required for running day to day business operations.
- Project Management: Lead and monitor project management organization responsible for customer interaction and project execution
- Production: Responsible for ensuring production organization is operating according to business objectives and project priorities
- As a member reporting to the President and the Board of Directors:
- Prepare and present reports and contribute to strategic business activities affecting business operations.
- Elevate issues, coordinate activities, or resolve problems as defined in bylaws.
- When collaborating with peers, represent the company's business operation needs.
- Drive the company's business operations ensuring its current successful management as well considering and planning for operational growth.
- Appoint and lead managers for your organization, delegating responsibilities as needed.
- Determine staffing requirements for your organization, interviewing, hiring and training new employees or oversee those personnel processes.
- Share and promote the organization's strategy/mission to managers and implement appropriate rewards/recognition and coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with company goals.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive
- Provides training and mentoring as needed
Business Operations Organization
Provide oversite to the Business Operations organization to ensure the company has the means to execute projects to completion.
- Communicate relevant business objectives to Business Ops org and ensure appropriate strategy, execution, and reporting to meet these goals.
- Business Operations scope includes but is not limited to: Facilities, Safety, IT, Security, Purchasing, Ethics & Compliance, Shipping & Receiving, Export Control
- Identify and launch initiatives to improve process & execution where organization is not meeting business goal execution.
Project Management Organization
Lead project management organization to ensure execution of projects according to schedule and budgets that are prioritized to meet business objectives.
- Responsible to ensure project priorities are appropriately communicated across business units
- Act as escalation point of contact for customers
- Gather and report risks and budgetary actuals from project management team
- Monitor delivery progress and determine if teams have the velocity, skills, and tools to execute work according to the current project plan, and continuously assess the need to change tactics or supplemental personnel.
- Manage client expectations around timelines, deliverables, and scope of work with sophistication to set up clients and internal teams for success.
Oversee production organization responsible for execution of physical product generated for internal and external use.
- Ensure production organization executes responsibilities according to project plans and objectives.
- Track and report efficiency of organization and identify areas to launch improvement initiatives
- Create annual operating plan for production organization and oversee execution
- Ensure high level prioritization of activities are aligned with project priorities and company objectives
- Demonstrate effective communication skills on different levels, a structured way of working and the ability to deal with a volume of complex information.
- Skilled at multi-tasking, critical thinking and problem solving while making swift decisions
- Ability to remain calm under pressure when dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and high-quality standards
- Knowledge of all company functions
- Knowledge of reporting and data analytics
- Proficiency in financial planning and outstanding abilities in negotiations and communication
- Expert in implementing processes and procedures
Education & Experience Requirements
- A Bachelors' degree in Aeronautical, Business, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8-10 years progressive leadership experience in manufacturing environment, aerospace preferred
- 5 years minimum experience working with financial models, bills of materials (BOMs), forecasting, and both short- and long-term strategic planning
- Minimum 5 years managerial experience
- PM certification preferred
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or other legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.
11015 47th Ave WMukilteo, WA
Get fresh Head Of Womenswear Design jobs daily straight to your inbox!