Material Testing and Inspections, Inc. (MTI), an Atlas company, has an opening in our Idaho Falls, ID, office for an ICC or ACI Certified Field Inspector/Technician.
Perform construction field testing, soil observation, compaction & compression strength testing, of construction materials. Communicate with project manager, and others as applicable regarding project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements. Submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Field Testing Certification
- Gauge safety
- Valid driver’s license
- Under close supervision of higher-level technicians or staff professionals, assist on tasks and perform basic testing and observations duties
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results
- Submits documentation daily and communicates results as directed
- Maintains assigned equipment
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects
- Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work
- Report any safety issues or concerns to management
Hours are flexible, according to work scheduled and availability. Work schedules generally run between 7:00AM and 3:30PM. Work outside this time frame is common and unanticipated. Employee will maintain hours as necessitated by workload. Overtime is allowed in this position, as required. Compensation is hourly, non-exempt.
MTI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
MTI prides itself on the quality of its staff, which is comprised of highly trained and talented professionals, many having advanced degrees. Our specialists include registered civil engineers, geotechnical engineers, professional geologists, environmental scientists, materials testing and inspection technicians and project managers
Headquartered in Boise, Idaho, MTI has 10 offices throughout the northwestern United States.