MTI, an Atlas company, is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager with a sales hunter mentality to join the Portland, OR team. The successful candidate will have 5 years of previous material testing / inspection OR A/E/C industry experience and must have the ability to hit the ground running day one.
- 5 years of A/E/C Industry Business Development experience
- Requires a sales hunter mentality
- Outstanding communication & follow through skills
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and Adobe
- Local travel requiring occasional overnight stays
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Designs and implements marketing plans; participates in marketing efforts including calling on clients, contractors, architects, engineers, etc. to solicit new business and enhance existing relationships, and attend industry related organization and lead group meeting, may require travel.
- Using word processing, graphics and other specialty software, produces documents and graphic representations, under the direction of a principal or manager, including, but not limited to the following:
- Correspondence, memos, surveys, proposals, tables, graphs, reports, presentation boards and covers, brochures, advertisements, resumes, project and personnel photograph, manage website development.
- Coordinates and produces qualification based proposals and other business development media, meeting time requirements and submission deadlines.
- Makes exhibitor reservations for trade and professional meetings, prepares materials; researches, sets up and hosts or participates in various business development functions, such as trade and professional shows and fairs, may require travel
- Maintains effective public relations through contact, as required, by telephone and in person, appear and speak in public as MTI’s representative, may require travel.
- Photographs, or coordinates and orders professional photography of completed projects, and maintains inventory of photographs and other illustrations for use in proposals and presentations.
- Creates and produces the preparation of presentation boards and scripts, handouts, graphs, charts, etc. for use in presentations.
- Maintains the project information database and produces SF 254, 255 and 330 forms for architectural or engineering firms proposing on federal projects such as those advertised in the Commerce Business Daily (CBD), Dodge, iSqFt, and Associated General Contractors publications.
- Reviews trade journals, newspapers, the CBD and other sources for business leads.
- Maintains master lists and files relative to business development efforts and project histories.
- Tracks up-coming projects.
- Ensures the availability of related materials such as proposal dividers, covers, illustrations, photographs, etc.
- Maintains awareness of the status of both active, past and future projects, for use as information that may be included in proposals.
- Coordinates the physical preparation, assembly and delivery of proposals and presentation materials in a timely manner.
- Communicates with principal(s) regarding marketing and business development activities.
MTI, An Atlas Company
Why Work Here?Atlas Technical Consultants ('Atlas' ATCX), formerly MTI, is a nation-wide leader in civil engineering, materials testing and geotechnical consulting services for environmental, industrial and infrastructure construction projects. Headquartered in Austin, TX, Atlas currently has over 3,500 employees and 140 offices throughout the US.
Awesome management team, casual work environment and an excellent career path. We're growing!