The Lead teacher is responsible for providing high quality programming for children ages Infant-5 years old. The Lead teacher will implement developmentally appropriate and culturally appropriate practices and intentional learning for children. The Lead Teacher is responsible for paperwork and other classroom management duties.
Responsibilities and Duties
· The Lead Teacher will be accountable for managing the classroom daily.
· The Lead Teacher will be responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy environment daily, including reporting anything that is broken or in need of repair.
· The Lead Teacher will be responsible for daily supervision regulations- maintaining ratio.
· The Lead teacher will alert Administrative Staff about children’s absences after (2) consecutive days.
· The Lead Teacher will complete daily attendance and meal counts.
· The Lead Teacher will attend all staff meetings and in-service days.
· The Lead Teacher will maintain each child’s emergency contact form every 6 months or as needed.
· The Lead Teacher will design weekly lesson plans that align with the PA Early Learning Standards.
· The Lead Teacher will complete OUNCE and Work sampling for children 3 times a year. (October, February, and May)
· The Lead Teacher will complete Ages and Stages within the first 45 days of enrollment for each child.
· The Lead teacher will comply with DHS, STARS, MACAC, Early Head Start, and Head Start policies and standards.
· The Lead Teacher will complete all required trainings for STARS (24) hours and DHS (12) annually.
· The Lead Teacher will be responsible for all postings including 2 weeks of menu’s, parent articles, also student allergies (hanging confidentially), emergency numbers by phone, schedules, and cleaning checklist.
· Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Education or an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field
· 2 years of experience teaching in a child care setting.
· CPR adult and pediatric- re-certify every 2 years
· Fire safety- re-certify annually
· Current FBI, Child Abuse, Criminal History, National Sex Offender, and Health Assessment and TB shot.
MT ARARAT COMMUNITY ACTIVITY C