Senior Systems And Network Engineer
MSSL Wiring System Warren, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $85,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Job Title: Senior Systems & Network Administrator
Location: Warren, Ohio
- Primary management of corporate VMware / Microsoft infrastructure.
ü System configuration and support.
ü System design and architecting.
ü Server support specifically with relation to JDEdwards and Oracle databases.
- Primary management of corporate network infrastructure including firewalls, routers, switches and access points.
- Assist in management and expansion of the corporate storage IBM infrastructure.
ü Support of design and expansion of data archiving systems.
ü Support of backup infrastructure and execution.
ü Disaster recovery system periodic testing.
- Management and maintenance of corporate data center and disaster recovery facilities.
ü Consolidation and virtualization of data center systems.
ü Centralization of compute and storage components in remote offices.
- Assist in support of corporate infrastructure servers
ü Includes support for business application servers used by the Corporate, Finance, Sales, and Engineering departments as well as the ones used by the manufacturing plants.
ü Management of VMware computer server infrastructure including email, remote access, sharepoint, licensing, etc.
- Management of VoIP gateways and PBX systems.
- Work with management and other IT staff to build and implement security strategies that make business sense.
- Serve as a project manager on key IT projects for internal initiatives and external customer deliverables.
- Document FAQ's and IT information for both IT staff as well as user community.
- Perform a daily infrastructure check and document the process results based on the IT audit guidelines.
- Support of helpdesk for appropriate level requests.
Education Requirements: B.S. in Computer Science or Information Technology (preferred) / B.S. in any Engineering.
Minimum 8-10 years system and networking administration experience in a complex heterogeneous (VMware) environment working with Microsoft / Linux compute, databases, firewalls and networking hardware.
- Strong OS and application knowledge with:
ü VMWare – ESXi
ü Direct Access
ü Microsoft Exchange
ü Microsoft Teams
ü Microsoft SharePoint
ü Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
ü Microsoft Terminal Services
ü DSI (Trancollector)
ü Capital Harnesses (Cap-H)
ü EDI Technologies
ü Databases such as SQL and Oracle
- Strong hardware knowledge with:
ü DELL PowerEdge servers, IBM 5200 / FS5030 and EqualLogic PS4100E RAID storage arrays
- Expert knowledge of Cisco routers, switches and access points
- Expert knowledge of Fortinet firewalls
ü Strong knowledge of firewall central management applications preferably.
ü Strong knowledge of cybersecurity techniques and best practices
ü Strong knowledge of security information event management systems such as IBM Q-Radar
ü Knowledge of NAC (Network Access Control) systems a plus.
- Strong knowledge of email topologies and transport concepts.
ü Knowledge of relay functions, SPAM / antivirus filtering techniques, email archiving, LDAP concepts.
- Strong knowledge of system and network monitoring systems such as PRTG.
- Strong knowledge of Windows operating systems, DNS, DHCP & Active Directory domains.
- Strong ability to create complex scripts in any Microsoft shell as well as ability to learn alternative structured scripting languages. Ability to build and support web based applications a plus including both local and SaaS model deployments.
- Demonstrated strong ability to multitask and prioritize with department and
corporate goals in mind.
- Demonstrated strong ability to think strategically and tactically while acting independently under management guidance.
- Demonstrated very strong ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Work with minimal supervision and can multitask by juggling priorities set up by management.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills, team player able to provide technical leadership in the IT group.
Special working conditions:
1) May require some travel to remote manufacturing plants, offices and Disaster Recovery site.
2) Will require services on regularly scheduled weekend network /system maintenance work.
3) Shared rotational on-call
• $8 bln in yearly revenues
• Presence in 26 countries
• Operating over 200 factories
• Over 84,000 people
• Ranked 31st among global automotive suppliers by automotive news
MSSL Wiring SystemWhy Work Here?
Industry leader poised for growth with opportunity to advance.
MSSL Wiring System Inc based in Warren Ohio is part of Motherson Sumi Systems Limited (MSSL) the flagship company of the Samvardhana Motherson Group, was established in 1986 in a joint venture between Samvardhana Motherson Group and Sumitomo Wiring Systems (Japan). Samvardhana Motherson Group, a global group headquartered in India, is a group with a diversified automotive product range, while Sumitomo Wiring Systems (SWS) is a global supplier and manufacturer of wire harness, components and wires & is one of the largest manufacturers worldwide. MSSL is a focused, dynamic and progressive company providing customers with innovative and value-added products, services and solutions. Global company • $8 bln in yearly revenues • Presence in 26 countries • Operating over 200 factories • Over 84,000 people • Ranked 31st among global automotive suppliers by automotive news Website www.motherson.com
8640 East Market StreetWarren, OH
TechnologyView all jobs at MSSL Wiring System