Provide case management services, direct care and instruction for adults with developmental and other disabilities in a day training and habilitation program.
- Work directly with persons in the program throughout the day and provide leadership/work direction to other program staff to ensure that individualized plans are properly implemented, and that people served in the program receive quality services.
- Perform all aspects of internal case management, developing individualized program plans, acting as a member of the support team for persons served, acting as the liaison with each participants family and residential provider.
- Help people engage with their center and community by planning and implementing activities, and assisting small groups to community locations such as: parks, museums, performances, restaurants, sporting events, fitness classes, festivals, etc.
- Work closely with the Program Supervisor and Program Director to ensure quality services and adherence to all program and regulatory standards.
- A BA/BS degree in a related field and 1 year work experience providing direct care for persons with disabilities; or an AA degree in a related field and 2 years of experience providing direct care for persons with disabilities; or a diploma in a related field from an accredited postsecondary institution and 3 years of experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities; or A minimum of 50 hours of education and training related to human services and 4 years of work experience providing direct care services to persons with disabilities and older under the supervision of a staff person who meets the qualification identified in the above criteria.
- Must be able to accurately read, implement, and record information for: individual program plans, medication instructions, behaviors, and required documentation.
- Must be qualified for employment in a Day Services Facility as determined by Minnesota Department of Human Services. Must pass background checks as required by MSS and/or state and federal law.
- Must have and maintain a valid drivers license.
- Must obtain a DOT medical card.
- Must obtain Passenger Assistance Certificate within 6 months of hire.
- Must have a clean driving record and be insurable under the conditions set by our insurance carrier.
- Must pass a drug screen.
Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm, Monday - Friday, Full-time | No evenings or weekends | Competitive wages
Benefits include health, life and disability insurance, paid holidays, PTO, and a 401K pension plan.
MSS provides all training for driving as applicable.