Sr. Project Engineer – East Campus Integrated Program Office
This position will perform listed deliverables on-site daily for the US Army Corps of Engineers, at the site office on Fort Meade Military Base. Chosen applicant must be able to obtain a CAC, via a government background investigation. Applicants with an active DOD-CAC preferred. Work will require continuous presence on active construction site.
East Campus Building 2 & 3 - The projects consist of core and shell structure and foundations, elevator conveyance systems, electrical/mechanical service and distribution components/systems, fire protection alarm/suppression, information technology infrastructure, communications, and security systems support infrastructure. The interiors will include raised access floor systems, acoustically-rated interior partitions and ceilings, power, lighting, environmental control and communications. Site infrastructure will include a new vehicle access control point, primary electrical service to the sites, storm water management, water, sewer, chilled water distribution, security and telecommunications pathways. The entire structures will be built to Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) standards. All facilities will be constructed to a minimum LEED Silver certifiable level.
- Review the work of QA personnel for technical accuracy and completeness and provide technical guidance on plan, specification, and applicable code interpretation.
- Review Contractor schedules for conformance with sound construction methodology, sequencing, and contract constraint compliance.
- Maintain situational awareness of Contractor project activities, planned work, and necessary Government actions to prevent Government caused delays to construction progress.
- Review proposed change scopes of work and be prepared to give expert information to USACE’s negotiation team for adjustments to project requirements, cost and duration.
- Review construction drawings, construction specifications and resolve construction issues associated with their specific field of engineering.
- Perform and participate in the three phase inspection process, including preliminary activities as necessary to assure compliance with the design parameters and contract specifications. Inspections shall be appropriately documented through RMS.
- Prepare weekly status reports with appropriate level of detailed back up and present the reports at regularly scheduled review meeting
- Review monitor and provide tracking report to assure timely corrective action to construction and design deficiencies, as well as, the prevention of similar occurrences. Substantiate that proposed corrective actions are appropriate for the specific deficiency.
- Perform monthly review of Contractor as-builts and provide documentation of deficiencies. The documentation shall be provided to the COR.