Industrial Cyber Security Consultant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Industrial Cyber Security Consultant Job in Honolulu, HI; if this job makes you interested to apply, please do share your resume and contact number, best time to reach you to discuss and expedite the process further.
Job Title: Industrial Cyber Security Consultant
Job Duration: Contract to Permanent
Location: 733 Bishop St Suite 2000 Honolulu, HI 96813
The Industrial Cybersecurity Consultant will be a treasured member of the Client's Security & Risk Consulting practice. The Security & Risk Consulting practice is a premier OT/ICS/SCADA cybersecurity consulting practice whose mission is to serve humanity by improving the safety, security, and reliability of the world's critical infrastructure improving risk management through resiliency, situational awareness, and preparedness. The Industrial Cybersecurity Consultant will be committed to will independently execute significant portions of projects addressing the security of Operational Technology (OT) systems consisting of Industrial Control Systems (ICS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Discrete Process Control (DPC) systems, etc.
The Industrial Cybersecurity Consultant supports the execution of projects consisting of a variety of assessments (e.g., GAP/Maturity, Vulnerability, Risk, Threat, Firewall, etc.); secure architecture, design, and implementation of OT networks, solution implementation, and operations, respond and recover related services (incident response planning, disaster recovery planning, business continuity planning). The Industrial Cybersecurity Consultant will support cybersecurity programs at client sites across North America utilizing NERC CIP and the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Cybersecurity Framework (CSF), NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST 800-53, NIST SP800-82, NIST 800-30, DFARS, CMMC, and other key industry best practices and standards.
Execute the planning, design, development, and implementation of technical controls, procedures, and policies associated with cybersecurity compliance and/or regulatory standards.
Maintain the highest level of integrity, protecting the confidentiality and security of all clients and project information.
Identify and diagnose operational issues and implement design alterations to address these issues.
Conduct vulnerability assessments of OT networks for cybersecurity, risk management, and/or compliance purposes.
Perform detailed, post-event analysis of unusual events, and direct needed procedure or process changes in response.
Pursue, obtain, and maintain industry-recognized certifications related to cybersecurity such as ethical hacking, penetration testing, network engineering, Industrial Control System (ICS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), risk management, and others, as necessary.
Resolve technical issues, analyze implications to the client's business, and be able to communicate them with applicable stakeholders within the business.
Develop policies & procedures for secure process control network design, technical and design recommendations for implementing firewalls, unidirectional gateways, zero trust design, and other network security controls.
Compiles technical documentation of network traffic as well as firewalls services/solutions, including explanations and diagrams.
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, e.g., (Cybersecurity, Industrial Cybersecurity, Industrial Cyber Engineering, Cyber-Physical System Security, Computer Science or Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another related technical field with appropriate experience).
- Minimum 8 years of experience in industrial cybersecurity.
- Additional applicable years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with NERC CIP, NIST Risk Management Framework; NIST 800-53; DFARS; NIST Cybersecurity Framework; NIST SP800-82; CMMC required.
- Advanced knowledge of security principles and firm knowledge of cybersecurity technologies, as well as industry-recognized certifications.
- Experience with security engineering principles, various cybersecurity assessment methodologies, security control implementation, and validation, and system life-cycle practices.
- Experience in the capabilities and/or configuration of cybersecurity controls, specifically those relating to firewalls, identity, and access control, zero-trust security, authentication and authorization, anti-virus/anti-malware, patch management, network, and system hardening, SIEM implementation, and/or tuning, and logging.
- Advanced knowledge of networks and control systems utilized by Federal, Military, Defense; etc., is preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and under tight deadlines, to operate onsite within industrial, corporate, and government work settings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of business principles and operational security practices specific to engineering and/or security consulting.
- Knowledge and/or experience with legacy and modern computer networking and telecommunications.
- Experience with physical cabling for network communications and control system input/output.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Ability to present complex technical issues and their impact in an easy-to-understand manner.
- Knowledge and experience with corporate policies and procedures
- Travel for site work is estimated to average 15-20% annually.
The Ideal Candidate will also have the following preferred skills:
- Tenacious Problem solving
- Unselfish collaborator
- Intellectual curiosity
- Dedicated to continuous improvement.
- Consulting background
- DoD and/or DoE Security clearances
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GICSP, etc.
- Bonus points for - ITIL certification, Prosci, or similar people change management certification.
- Knowledge or experience with
- OT asset inventory w/ change detection solutions
- Vulnerability Management solutions
- Identity and Access Control solutions
- Zero Trust Security solutions
- OT network & communications monitoring solutions
- Security, Orchestration, Automation & Response (SOAR) solutions
- Knowledge of the Purdue model for zones/segmentation
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CET) certification with previous experience performing OT-relevant Pen Testing, Threat Hunting, or similar activities.
- Demonstratable name recognition in the OT / ICS / SCADA cybersecurity industry
TechnologyView all jobs at MSR Cosmos
Get fresh Cyber Security Consultant jobs daily straight to your inbox!