*THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SOUTH GATE, CA*
MSI Structural Steel is looking for a Project Manager. The Project manager reports to the management of the steel project and is responsible for the project progress to the management. The job of the project manager includes appraising the steel project management timely all the issues concerning the projects through a well laid out reporting system.
The project manager is to run all the affairs of the project during its life cycle and is responsible to complete the project successfully utilizing the authority delegated to him by the steel project management. Project manager is to operate within the triple constraints of the project which are time, resources, and quality.
- Review contract
- Review job specifications
- Review kick off checklist from estimator
- Schedule kick off meeting with team
- Compare pricing & release detailer with tentative schedule
- Check for long lead time items & order ( joists, deck, corebraces)
- Contact customer & review schedule/ sequence of install or delivery
- Share delivery sequence with detailer
- Generate project log & enter into sharefile for team to access
- Generate RFI log & enter into sharefile for team to access
- Share project log with customer to approve or comment
- Generate schedule of values & verify date to submit billing
- Generate X # log & enter into sharefile for team to access
- Submit Weld procedures & primer spec's for approval
- Work with field foreman to verify dimensions on all install items
- Share field dimensions as needed with detailer
- Receive IFA packages, submit to customer & enter into log
- Receive dwgs BFA, verify comments & send to detailer to scrub
- Receive IFC dwgs from detailer, verify all dim's & release for fab
- **Fill out IFC release form with all info when releasing to shop (coatings, shop inspections, UT, etc.)
- **Fill out shipping list & dates per jobsite needs
- Meet/call detailer weekly to go over project, schedule, RFI's
- Generate budget/actuals per po's issued and keep current
- Share all projec info(budgets, schedules, status) weekly with team
- Generate NCR's & CAR's as needed & share with team
- Work up post mortem and budget & share with estimator
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years Structural Steel Project Engineer or Management Experience
- Ability to Read Blueprints-Steel Relate
- Capability for analyzing the vast data generated during the project execution. For this, the project manager is to be well versed with different analytical techniques.
- Capacity to understand and assimilate various documents which gets generated during the project execution.
- Having quality of honesty, integrity and hardworking so that he can lead his team by example.
- Having qualities of an effective leader.
- Complete knowledge of the functions of management consisting of planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling.
- Knowledge of techniques of management which helps in controlling the various situations arising during the execution of the project.
- Having decision making skills for taking of proper decisions at appropriate time.
- Knowledge of communication techniques for effective upward and downward and parallel communication. Knowledge of communication techniques is very important since project manager is to communicate with a large number of external agencies in addition to internal departments.
- Having skills for managing interpersonal relationship. This is an important skill needed in the project manager since a large work force is involved in project execution right from its initiation till its closure.
- Having administrative skills for the running of day to day administration.
- Having skills of relationship management so as to have amicable relationship with all the agencies involved in the project execution.
We have the highest commitment to precision, quality control, and on-time delivery, promoting a team atmosphere where everyone is committed to providing a personal contribution to the success of our team, company, and clients. If you enjoy working in a challenging and rewarding position in the steel industry we look forward meeting you.
MSI STRUCTURAL STEEL
Why Work Here?MSI, Inc. has immediate openings for experienced candidates in the commercial and industrial steel industry. We have the highest commitment to precision, quality control, and on-time delivery, promoting a team atmosphere where everyone is committed to providing a personal contribution to the success of our team, company, and clients. If you enjoy working in a challenging and rewarding position in the steel industry we look forward meeting you.
Awesome CEO, opportunity for growth, great working team and environment.