Warehouse Superintendent -- Mableton, GA
Establish a superior career with MSC.
Providing excellent customer service and supporting the community begins with the most exceptional individuals completing their best work. That is what we are proud to have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a premier distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services in North America. Watch HERE to learn why you should work with MSC and become part of our commitment to building an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Requisition ID :11537
Type of Employment : Full Time
Category of Job : Warehouse / Distribution
Location of Work : Atlanta, GA (Whse)
State or Province : Georgia (US-GA)
Possible Work Locations : United States : Georgia : Atlanta
MSC continues to grow and expand. Therefore, we are searching for a skilled Shipping Supervisor to lead and supervise our warehouse teams, guaranteeing optimal service levels in the Customer Fulfillment Center's shipping functions, including loading of drop-shipments into delivery trucks and scheduled truck departures.
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
**You will play a hands-on role in our warehouse to ensure timely delivery of our extensive product line to our esteemed customers. **
- Oversee Shipping Department workflow to ensure optimal service levels, maintain standard operating procedures, confirm delivery trucks' scheduled departures, and arrange backup delivery services if necessary.
- Delegate work through team coaching to ensure processes flow smoothly.
- Perform supervisory duties for a large associate base, including conducting reviews, monitoring development, documenting attendance, submitting payroll information, and issuing corrective action to associates.
- Conduct daily department meetings and attend cross-functional meetings to encourage communication and discuss improvement opportunities and new procedures.
- Resolve customer and manifest issues.
- Supervise associate growth and development.
- Oversee loading of drop-shipments into delivery trucks, prepare bills of lading, monitor and order loose-fill material, perform daily uploads and close-outs in the warehouse computer system, and submit reports.
- Operate basic and advanced warehouse vehicles such as electric pallet jacks, forklifts, turret trucks, and order pickers.
- Promote safe work practices and ensure that the dock area is secure.
WHAT IT TAKES
The ideal candidate for the position is a results-driven and safety-focused team leader with the following qualifications.
- At least two years of job-related experience, including knowledge of the packing and shipping process.
- Familiarity with AS/400, Kronos, and/or other WMS systems.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Internal certification to operate warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Physical fitness to perform essential job functions successfully (reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities): standing, walking, lifting materials up to 75 pounds, carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, reaching high and low, repetitive twisting or pressure involving wrist and hands, hearing, seeing (depth perception and peripheral vision), mental coordination, mental alertness for the entire shift, ability to wear personal protective equipment as required, and ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet.
- In some cases, a valid state driver's license.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
A career at MSC comes with generous benefits, rewards, and recognition.
- Training and growth opportunities.
- Straight shifts with weekends off.
- Paid time off, including holidays.
- Potential Bonus.
- Medical, dental, vision, and a company-matched 401(k).
Why MSC? People. Collaboration. Insight. That's how we build something that works. Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them achieve business results. With over one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC aims to assist our customers in achieving greater productivity, profitability, and growth through innovative supply chain solutions and inventory management. We care about our associates and have programs in place to support our team members in reaching their potential.
When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training, and professional development opportunities, Associate Inclusion Circles: Women, Pride, Black, Veterans, HOLA, and DisABLEd, as well as a range of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future. If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement: At MSC, we are committed to providing a mutual respect environment where equal employment opportunities are available to all qualified applicants and our associates regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or any category protected by applicable law. By applying to this job, you agree to the Application and Acknowledgment Declaration terms. Click HERE to review.
You should have proficiency in:
- Six Sigma Experience
- Meets Physical Requirements
- Lean Manufacturing Principles
$28.50 - $35 / hr
MSC - North AmericaMableton, GA
Transportation and StorageView All MSC - North America Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.