Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 3469
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Supply Chain Operations
Work Location : Ontario, CA
State or Province : California (US-CA)
Potential Work Location : United States : California : Ontario
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
Under general supervision, the IM Specialist – Level I is an Inventory Management Specialist able to perform duties such as but not limited to: sales support below the C-Suite level, non-complex installations and data collection, vending machine diagnostics, maintenance and training.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be proficient and capable of performing vending sales support processes including but not limited to: basic customer engagements, non-complex implementations, customer item data collections, solution discovery, asset tracking, cancellations, post-install support, etc.
- Conduct customer needs assessments and provides appropriate recommendations to key stakeholders
- Provide assistance in coordinating with other departments to streamline order fulfillment
- Troubleshoot inventory issues in a timely manner as well as support inventory management needs of internal and external customers.
- Supports all designated team goals and objectives.
- Maintains accurate records following all MSC and departmental guidelines policies and procedures.
- Interacts with customers and associates in a positive and constructive manner.
- Evaluate, document and recommend changes in methods and procedures to maximize efficiency and promote overall team success.
- Support Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years of general sales / customer service experience is preferred. This could include outside or inside sales and does not have to be in industrial distribution.
- Knowledge of MSC-like product lines/services & MSC experience is preferred
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and/or software preferred
- Selling & negotiation skills preferred
- Organizational & time management skills preferred
- Computer literacy & proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet & presentation software required
- Good oral and written communication skills preferred
- A valid driver’s license & the ability to travel 75% including overnight is required.
- Must possess basic knowledge and use of hand and power tools.
- Able to perform physical activities such as lifting up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in various types of industrial environments
- Must adhere to customer specific requirements such as wearing hardhats, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, etc.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.