Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4383
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Sales / Business Development
Work Location : Buffalo, NY
State or Province : New York (US-NY)
Potential Work Location : United States : New York : Buffalo
Territory is Buffalo,NY - Western NY
Business Development Representative
We seek exceptionally driven, experienced strategic sales professionals to advance MSC’s market position and financial growth with medium-size manufacturing and non-manufacturing customers while achieving individual growth target goals.
In this hunter role, you will tap your superior skills in prospecting, problem solving and negotiation to proactively uncover customers’ unidentified needs and propose how MSC products and services can help enhance their company performance. You will call on C-Suite leadership, managers and directors by following a prescriptive sales methodology and strategically develop a pipeline of future business.
HOW YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
MSC arms you with the tools and support to be successful and go after new business.
- Identify, research, qualify, pursue, sign and transition targeted mid-size accounts.
- Develop value-based proposals and other content to communicate value, strengthen prospect-relationship and senior-level networks with customers.
- Apply your financial, market, and MSC-solution knowledge to sell semi-complex accounts, using account-planning and sales-enablement tools.
- Maintain a robust funnel capable of delivering incremental revenue at or above annual goals, including highly accurate and complete funnel analytics demonstrating a strategic ownership of business.
- Accurately manage all current pipeline content via SFDC and other platforms for communicating business resource needs to the organization.
- Propose and secure new agreements by contacting the appropriate management and decision makers within the prospect organization and leveraging insight-selling concepts, tools and value-proposition content.
- Respond to Requests for Information and Proposal, negotiating pricing and terms of new account agreements to maximize revenue and profit and minimize risk.
- Develop and communicate newly signed account agreements to support implementation and ensure rapid, complete penetration and revenue growth of those agreements.
- Work with field and customer support leadership to meet customer needs, drive compliance to forecasted sales thresholds and clearly communicate and document customer service level expectations, addressing shortfalls as needed.
- Demonstrate a can-do attitude toward initiatives and programs that meet customer needs.
WHAT IT TAKES
The results-driven entrepreneurial leader and dynamic communicator we seek should have these qualifications.
- At least 2 years demonstrated track record of success in medium sales and marketing, including at least 2 years of experience in industrial/manufacturing/distributing sales
- Demonstrated business-acquisition sales success, negotiation, prospecting, relationship-building and closing skills and techniques, with a track record of meeting and exceeding agreed-upon sales plans
- Persuasive presentation abilities and a strong talent for writing clear proposals and reports
- Analytical aptitude, with the ability to make quick, calculated decisions and recommendations
- Personal drive and motivation, including competitive spirit, ability to overcome obstacles, strong sense of accountability, action orientation, flexibility and situational adaptability
- Capacity to manage conflict
- Attention to detail and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of online transactional sales and business, benefits and features
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent experience
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
- Experience with value-based sales methodologies preferred
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.