Shipping and Receiving (3rd Shift)
M S International, Inc. Orange, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 Hourly
Shipping and Receiving (3rd Shift)
Location: Orange, CA
Summary: The shipping and receiving clerk is responsible for performing a variety of shipping and receiving tasks under general supervision. The shipping and receiving clerk will verify the order to match the received materials and prepare the items for proper shipment.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to complete the following essential duties and responsibilities:
· Read shipping orders to determine quantity and type of transportation needed.
· Ensure the accuracy of all shipping documents, gather and maintain all data relative to shipping activities.
· Collect all documentation for outboard freight and route to the proper record keeping unit.
· Pick orders for shipment and assemble various types of merchandise to be shipped.
· Schedule inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations.
· Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and issue instructions for loading products.
· Operate equipment such as forklift, overhead crane, pallet jacks and more safely and efficiently.
· Maintain a clean, neat, and organized work environment.
· Keep an equipment checklist and perform preventative maintenance of equipment.
· Perform additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and/or Experience requirements:
· High School Education required.
· 1-2 years of Warehouse experience
· One (1) year of experience operating a Forklift.
· Ability to use a computer or tablet a plus
· Good communication skills
· Good organizational skills
· Ability to follow instructions and work under pressure
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Sunday -Thursday - 5:30pm to 3:00am, alternating Fridays.
This role has the following physical demands:
· The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
· The employee must occasionally lift, pull and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Compensation: Minimum pay starting at $17.00 per hour, plus weekly overtime and bonuses. Starting hourly rates may be higher based on experience. Annual pay for new hires generally ranges between $47,835 and $61,895 + depending on experience and overtime hours worked.
Benefits: MSI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
· Referral, Holiday, and Annual Bonuses
· Annual pay increases
· Paid Time Off
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Company-paid Short Term and Long Term disability;
· Company-paid Life Insurance
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans with company matching contributions
· Charitable donation matching programs
· Free, company-sponsored 1-on-1 tutoring for children/dependents of MSI employees in grades k-12, including free tutoring for SAT and ACT tests.
About MSI: Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading supplier of flooring, countertop, wall tile, and hardscaping products in North America. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains over 30 state-of-the-art showroom and distribution centers across the U.S. and Canada. MSI's product line includes an extensive offering of quartz, porcelain, ceramic, LVT, natural stone and glass products imported from over 36 countries on six continents.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and fosters inclusion and belonging for all employees. We provide a work environment that allows all employees to do their best work, free from all forms of discrimination. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, military status, religion, disability status, or any other legally protected group. MSI provides reasonable accommodations for all employees and applicants. If you believe you require an accommodation, please speak with your recruiter or a member of our HR team.
M S International, Inc.Why Work Here?
Join MSI, the recipient of the Top Work Places award!
Transportation and Storage