The Fire Protection Engineer responsibilities for this position will include the full range of fire protection engineering including but not limited to; Building and Fire Code consulting; Fire Protection System Design (Suppression, Detection, and Mass Notification), Life Safety Analyses and Fire Safety modeling. Project and client management skills will also be developed.
Additionally, engineers provide onsite support to evaluate existing fire protection systems, performing inspection, testing, and system commissioning. The type of work anticipated will require both office and field assignment.
- BS in Engineering with the intention of becoming a Registered Professional Engineer
- EIT required, PE preferred
- 5+ years of work experience
- Prior fire protection engineering experience
- Basic knowledge of building and NFPA codes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in AutoCad and/or Revit