My client is a leading Premiere commercial HVACR company in the Boston area.
For over 70 years, they have provided a full range of refrigeration, HVAC, and plumbing services to commercial, industrial customers. They perform HVAC projects throughout eastern Massachusetts including install and service packaged rooftop units, VAVs, VVTs, exhaust, make up air, heat pumps and refrigeration system to name a few.
This position reports directly to the Service Manager. The service coordinator should have excellent resident knowledge of the HVACR Service Industry,. This person should lead by example in their work ethic, productivity, and professionalism.
- Keep a good rapport with customers and colleagues
- Review quote log with Service manager weekly (Thursday)
- Keep a log and follow up on quotes that have yet to be approved. Make emails and phone calls as necessary
- Send quote log with follow up results to Service Manager on Friday
- Check quotes daily – plan ahead, prioritize
- Check on parts that have been ordered and keep an accurate log of all follow up calls
- Create jobs and order parts. Keep log of when ordered after approval
- Expedite parts as needed
- Be detail oriented
- Maintain an accurate backlog
- Review work orders to attain parts pricing, sourcing parts
- Send out quotes to customers daily
- Request and receive quotes from vendors
- Works directly with technicians: provide job information/details, customer information, part ETA, etc.
- Closing out calls with customers after work has been completed with either a follow up phone call or e-mail
- General knowledge of current jobs
- General account knowledge
- Familiarity with vendors and reps
- Assist dispatch with scheduling PM’s, service calls, and follow up repairs. Must coincide with existing schedule
- Meet with peer coordinators to help accuracy before Friday at 2PM
- Scrub the backlog
- Prepare service meeting agenda for Friday at 2PM
- Backlog of work – including PM portion
- Status of PM hours – ahead/behind/on schedule
Backstop/ Other Duties
- Fill in for dispatcher when he/she is out, or needs a break
- Lead by example
- Be professional and stay on task
- Positive attitude