Vice President of Information Technology
MRINetwork Jobs Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Vice President of Information Technology
The VP of IT will be responsible for setting the strategic technological direction for the company; ensuring the delivery of systems that will enable the growth of the company while driving down costs through the use of contemporary hardware/virtual strategies and maintaining a stable, high availability environment. This role will require an executive who is capable of forming a strategic vision for a unified and integrated IT department and bringing it into reality in a timely manner.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the VP of IT will lead a team of people. As a member of the executive team, the VP of IT will partner with the CEO, the management team, and operating leaders in managing the company’s ongoing evolution and growth. This VP of IT will ensure that the company is a technology leader in its space delivering differentiated value to internal and external stakeholders.
The company is undergoing significant growth and has plans for future acquisitions. It will be critical for the VP of IT to inform the company’s short and long-term strategies, ensuring that all IT offerings are working in synergy with the overarching business planning and objectives. He/she must manage the technical vision of the company and lead the implementation of that vision by continuing to build a well-defined technical plan that is both achievable and growth-oriented. In addition, the VP of IT will be responsible for developing plans, policies and standards for acquiring, implementing and operating IT systems and other technology assets.
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide focused, business-minded IT leadership, emphasizing IT’s measurable contribution to business success and business metrics (revenue growth, profitability, market share, customer service, expense, etc.). Direct experience with IT planning and budget management are required.
- Recruit, motivate and develop a superior staff. Build and lead a talented, flexible, responsive world-class systems organization that has a high sense of urgency, is customer-oriented and exceptionally responsive.
- Operationalize IT processes across the company. Determine where new development is required versus implementing packaged solutions. Rationalize the enterprise application suite to improve functionality, eliminate redundancies, and reduce cost.
- Integrating the IT frameworks of multiple entities from acquisitions so that everything is running on one unified system.
- Establish credibility throughout the headquarter and field organizations, and set an example as a proactive senior leader and change agent who earns respect by demonstrating a sound understanding of business objectives and goals.
- Oversee the deployment of company-wide technology standards spanning both applications and infrastructure. The VP of IT must ensure compliance with corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
- Enhance the infrastructure supporting critical operational systems and creating an active management platform that will provide seamless communication and real-time data for hundreds of employees across dozens of offices.
- Oversee the company’s network infrastructure and provide security, regulatory compliance and provision for disaster recovery. Maintain security of all data proprietary to the company and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster.
- Evaluate, select, and implement new technology (hardware, software and services) needed to support the company.
- Identify opportunities to enhance revenue and/or reduce costs through finding the right balance of offshore and onshore IT team members and resources.
QUALIFICATIONS: Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Fifteen or more years of progressive IT management experience in a fast-paced, high growth services business with hands-on knowledge of the unique demands of a multi-site, patient-centric business is required.
- Familiarity with healthcare services and its regulatory requirements (e.g., HIPAA) and reimbursement models.
- At least five years of experience managing service providers.
- Experience integrating the various IT platforms of acquired companies into a cohesive, unified system would be very valuable given Women’s Health’s likely future acquisitions.
- Experience in the building out of IT teams that are able to execute quickly and effectively but with big-picture business objectives in mind that align to the vision of senior company management. Ability to strike the right balance of onshore and offshore resources in these teams to maximize company ROI in this function.
- Prior direct software development management experience preferred. Knowledge of security and control frameworks, such as SSAE 16, ISO 17799, COBIT, COSO and ITIL and relevant certifications a plus. Knowledge of EMRs/EHRs (particularly NextGen and Nextech) is a plus.
AddressFort Lauderdale, FL
TechnologyView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs