Vice President of Information Technology
- Expired: 26 days ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
VP of Information Technology
We are working with a rapidly growing Private Equity backed multi-site manufacturing and distribution organization that is backed by a major private equity firm. This is a key position responsible for leading the strategic and tactical technological direction for the company, ensuring the delivery of focused systems that will enable the growth of the company while driving down costs through the use of contemporary hardware/virtual strategies and maintaining a stable, high availability environment. This role will require an executive who is capable of forming a strategic vision for a unified and integrated IT department and bringing it into reality in a timely manner.
The VP of IT will be responsible for setting the strategic technological direction; ensuring the delivery of systems that will enable the acquisition-driven growth of the company while driving tools to enable better decision-making across the organization. This role will require an executive who can form a strategic vision for an IT department and bring it into reality in a timely manner. The VP of IT will lead several specialized teams, supported by managed service relationships. They will partner with the CEO, the management team, and operating leaders in managing the company’s ongoing evolution and growth. The company has undergone significant growth and has plans for future acquisitions. The VP of IT will also lead IT integration of acquisitions to ensure a stable, scalable, and the unified platform is built.
Additional responsibilities will include the following:
- Provide focused, business-minded IT leadership, emphasizing IT’s measurable contribution to business success and business metrics (revenue growth, profitability, market share, customer service, expense, etc.). Direct experience with IT planning and budget management is required.
- Develop and execute 3-5 year IT roadmap that aligns technology growth plan and implementing best in class digital enablement, process automation capabilities, and scalability
- Recruit, motivate and develop a superior team. Build and lead a talented, flexible, responsive world-class systems organization that has a high sense of urgency, is customer-oriented and exceptionally responsive.
- Operationalize IT processes across the company. Determine where new development is required versus implementing packaged solutions.
- Provide data visibility and tools to commercial and operational teams to better inform business decisions
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and set an example as a proactive senior leader and change agent who earns respect by demonstrating a sound understanding of business objectives and goals.
- Oversee the deployment of company-wide technology standards spanning both applications and infrastructure. The VP of IT must ensure compliance with corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation, and operation of IT systems.
- Oversee the company’s network infrastructure and provide security, regulatory compliance, and provision for disaster recovery. Maintain security of all data proprietary to the company and provide for the complete backup of all computer systems in case of system failure or disaster.
- Evaluate, select, and implement new technology (hardware, software, and services) needed to support the company.
- Identify opportunities to enhance revenue and/or reduce costs by finding the right balance of offshore and onshore IT team members and resources.
- Ten to fifteen or more years of progressive IT management experience in a highly dynamic environment.
- Thorough experience in developing enterprise IT strategies and roadmaps, working with cross-functional teams in a medium/large organization.
- Knowledge and experience in using strategic planning processes.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of industry best practices in ERP strategy, legacy system development/maintenance, cybersecurity, and field multi-unit location management.
- Familiar with current technologies, process requirements and alternative solutions in IT
Get fresh VP Technology jobs daily straight to your inbox!