Traveling Scheduling Engineer
Sr. Scheduler / Collaborative Planners will monitor and document construction progress, identify, track and report construction issues/conflicts. They will monitor, review and report to the Project Manager, Project Superintendents and or clients, the schedule status of the project with regard to compliance to the construction contract scheduling specifications and other documents.
Sr. Scheduler will create cost and resource loaded schedules, gather update data, validate and incorporate update information into the project schedule, analyze schedule impacts and support the team in the development of corrective action to be taken in order to mitigate/avoid cost and schedule overruns. They will also prepare clear and concise scheduling/update analysis reports, including project indicators on a regular basis.
- Support corporate initiatives, accumulating historical performance data, for use in a realistic planning and forecasting of future projects.
- Effectively interface and participate in difficult conversations with entire project team (Owner, General, AE, Subcontractors and Suppliers)
- In addition to proven proficiency with Oracle Primavera and Microsoft Project, the Sr. Scheduler will be required to utilize other software tools to validate and interact with project scheduling tools (i.e., Excel, Adobe, Bluebeam, NetPoint, etc.)
- Collect, input, validate and analyze progress in the master schedule, using P6.
- In concert with project leadership, assess that project objectives, both short and long term, are being met.
- Incorporate detail fragments and other sequencing modifications as required.
- Prepare and publish reports on a regular basis.
- Have a clear understanding of the project Milestones and support the team in to develop resequencing plans and recovery trade plans to meet project objectives
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management preferred; or equivalent professional training and experience with high school diploma.
- Minimum of two years of related construction experience.
- Must be a planner and know how to build.
- Microsoft Project and Primavera scheduling software experience.
- Proficient in cost, manpower and equipment resource loaded schedule.
- Proficient in gathering, maintaining, reporting and analyzing schedule data.
- Strong time management and communication skills.
- The following skills are preferred:
- BIM modeling
- BIM 360
- Data Desk
- Blue Beam
- Smart Interactive Software/Touchscreens such as Hoylu
- Ability to cost and resource load the schedule
- Pull Planning familiarity
What we offer:
- A safe, inclusive environment where employees are valued for their contributions
- Career planning, development & growth
- Outstanding training programs
- Large organization with award-winning projects, yet small enough for you to make an impact
- Strong values which are the foundation of our growth for over 100 years
- International, regional and local recognition for stand-out projects, safety, sustainability, culture, wellness and diversity
MRINetwork JobsDetroit, MI
ConstructionView All MRINetwork Jobs Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.