Supplier Quality Engineer
MRINetwork Jobs Spartanburg, SC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client, a Tier 1 automotive supplier south of Spartanburg, SC is looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Engineer with relevant experience in the automotive manufacturing environment.
Relocation and excellent benefits are available.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years experience Quality Engineering, Reliability Engineering or Test Engineering experience with an automotive manufacturing environment as well as experience in developing part certification process and vendor quality measures including strong knowledge of fabrication based on quality control methods, tools and techniques.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting operations and engineering by identifying process improvements within the company supply chain to improve the materials, particularly metals. Working with the suppliers developing corrective action plans to correct any process failings and driving improvement in quality and productivity. Assist in all supplier qualification endeavors including supplier onsite audits and evaluations. Provide technical/mentoring support for the company’s production and quality departments as it pertains to Class A material.
Supplier Quality Management & Supplier Process Improvement
- Collect and evaluate supplier quality data to identify process improvement opportunities within the supply chain.
- Work directly with suppliers to create corrective action plans to address process failures.
- Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
- Regularly communicate with Engineering, Quality Engineering and Operations internally to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
- Collect and maintain supplier quality metrics.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Operations and Materials to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues.
- Participate in ECO meetings to ensure awareness of design changes. Ensure implementation is in accordance with process standards.
- Regularly visit suppliers and assist Supply Chain in conducting Supplier Audits.
- Provide technical/mentoring support for the company’s production and quality departments as it pertains to Class A material.
- Provide problem-solving techniques, segregating material defects from press-induced defects and blanker defects.
Support Corrective Action Process
- Participate in QMS meetings and present purchased part or product quality issues.
- Investigate reported external quality issues that are believed to be purchased part driven or product driven and present findings at QMS meetings.
- Perform or lead root cause analysis on purchased part or product quality issues and work issue through containment phrase of corrective action process.
- Communicate and instruct suppliers on the use of a corrective action process and quality tools and techniques.
- Participate in the Corrective Action (CAR) Review meetings.
Support Supplier Qualification & Disqualification
- Maintain supplier audit results.
- Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain supplier quality scorecard.
- Recommend suppliers for qualification and/or disqualification based upon quality performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field required.
- 5 yrs. of Quality Engineering, Reliability Engineering or Test Engineering experience with an automotive manufacturing environment required.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical systems and components.
- Proficient in quality analysis tools such as 5D, SPC, PFMEA, etc. Strong problem solving skills with the ability to teach basic problem solving techniques and facilitate problem solving team events.
- Experience in developing part certification process and vendor quality measures. Strong knowledge of fabrication based on quality control methods, tools and techniques.
- Strong engineering analysis skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and team skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of conduction thinning analysis
- Capable of preparing circle grid blanks for review
- Capable of performing mechanical testing of material
- Capable of analyzing material conformance to specification
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer interface skills.
- Able to be critical and accept criticism.
- Proficient in MS Office software – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of ERP systems.
ManufacturingView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs