Senior Estimator - Heavy Civil
MRINetwork Jobs Sparks, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Estimator (Heavy Civil) Public Works
Seeking a Public Works Estimator to join our Estimating team. As a member of the Estimating department, this individual coordinate with other Estimators, Project Managers, and Superintendents to ensure successful and timely completion of scheduled projects in accordance to specifications. The primary function of this role is to provide accurate, timely, and complete estimates for civil work prime contracts with public agencies with focus on grading, paving, and site concrete estimation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and mentor junior Estimators
- Able to accurately prepare timely estimates, including labor, equipment, materials, and subcontractors
- Coordinate quantity take-off with take-off department, highlight job specifics including phasing, details, jobsite conditions, etc.
- Review job specifications, drawings, schedules, soil reports and other documents to prepare accurate scope and pricing
- Ability to discuss and negotiate scope, pricing, inclusions, and exclusions with general contractors and owners
- Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering
- 12+ years Estimating/Construction Management
- Knowledge of General Engineering estimating, including Grading and Paving.
- Strong computer skills, including HCSS Heavy Bid, take-off and scheduling software, and MS Office applications
- Ability to establish and maintain client relations
- Proven problem-solving abilities and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic, team player, ability to work with minimal supervision
ConstructionView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs