- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
thyssenkrupp is an international group of companies comprising largely of independent industrial and technology businesses and employing more than 100,000 people. Across 56 countries it generated sales of €34 billion in fiscal 2020/2021. Backed by extensive technological know-how, the businesses and all employees develop cost-effective and resource-friendly solutions to the challenges of the future, especially in the fields of climate protection, the energy transition, digital transformation in the industry and mobility of the future. Under the umbrella brand thyssenkrupp, the group creates long-term value with innovative products, technologies and services and helps make life better for future generations.Company
With around 480 locations in over 40 countries, thyssenkrupp Materials Services is the biggest materials distributor and service provider in the western world. The broad service spectrum offered by the materials experts enables customers to focus on their individual core business. The area of Materials Services spans two strategic areas: global materials distribution as one-stop-shop – from steel and stainless steel, tubes and pipes, nonferrous metals and specialty materials to plastics and raw materials – and tailored services in the areas of materials management and supply chain management. An extensive omnichannel architecture offers 250,000 customers worldwide cross-channel, round-the-clock access to more than 150,000 products and services. A highly efficient logistics system ensures that all requested services are smoothly integrated into customer production processes “just-in-time” or “just-in-sequence”.
thyssenkrupp Steel Services, a division of thyssenkrupp Materials NA, Inc., is a leading supplier of flat rolled, hot rolled, and hot dipped carbon steel products to the U.S. Marketplace, including galvanneal, galvalume, galfan and enameling steel. Our people, our suppliers, and our state-of-the-art service center in Richburg, South Carolina, supported by a network of stocking locations throughout North America, are dedicated to providing exceptional customer service to our customers from a variety of manufacturing sectors.
Summary of Position:
Direct, lead and supervise the development of a total quality environment with an emphasis on unexcelled customer satisfaction and continual quality improvement. Accomplish quality related objects through the use of quality meetings, planning, training, statistics and internal/external audits. Ensure that processes and products are in compliance with current implemented Quality Management System requirements.
- Coordinates both IATF16949 and ISO14001 where applicable.
- Quality Improvement Board participation (CQIB).
- Report on the suitability and effectiveness of the region Quality Assurance System.
- May fill the role of direct supervisor of Lean Focal in Lean and Quality functions.
- Assist the Managing Executive in creating a quality attitude at all branches.
- Frequent communication with site Quality Assurance Representatives.
- Visit to each site once a quarter for training and coaching.
- Work with the department manager to establish goals, assess competency and direct quality output in line with the established Quality Objectives.
- Planning of and implementation of customer satisfaction effectiveness strategy.
- Direct and coordinate all aspects of Lean Management in support of company goals and objectives.
- The quality assurance manager is to lead and ensure the maintenance of the following items.
- Quality Assurance planning.
- Customer and vendor claims and trend analysis.
- Statistical techniques for process control.
- Document major customer quality requirements.
- Conduct internal and external Quality System audits.
- Provide internal and external technical assistance.
- Corrective/Preventative Action System (CPAR).
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance/Control
- Experience in TQM, IATF Lead Auditor
- One year management experience
- ASQ certification
- ISO Lead Assessor Certification
- 5 years plus Quality Assurance/Control experience.
- 3 years management experience, leadership and team building training
- Training in strategic planning and motivation
ManufacturingView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs