QA Manager- Located in Milwaukee
MRINetwork Jobs Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
QA Manager- Located in Milwaukee
WHY IS THIS EXCITING?
Under new ownership, this manufacturer of quality food products has made a significant amount of investment into their facilities. Great leadership from the owner on down and a cultural 180, this QA Manager has an opportunity to put their fingerprints all over the organization, make a difference and have advancement opportunities to Director level. Experienced managing audits for positive outcomes or addressing 483's properly and timely. This opportunity will be high visibility and offer room for growth.
REPORTS TO: VP Operations
To provide expertise for product quality management and food safety systems that result in enhanced customer satisfaction and increased profits.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Manage and assess the effectiveness of food safety and quality policies/programs (SQF,
- FDA, Food Safety and Quality).
- Coordinate the development and delivery of quality and food safety training programs for plant management and personnel.
- Mentor and responsible for acting with plant management and associates in quality and food safety.
- Conduct risk analysis regarding food quality for food safety incidents (Class 1, 2, or 3).
- Develop, implement and manage protocol to resolve help life incidents or help line trends.
- Provide expertise to plant management in current good manufacturing practice (cGMPs), sanitary design, and sanitation practices.
- Review, analyze, and react to shop floor operational data and QA product tests. Use statistical tools to optimize the process.
- Review ongoing cost of quality metrics with plant management and associates.
- Lead external regulatory or customer food safety audits. Coordinate corrective action to identify deficiencies.
- Ensure that in her/his absence the food safety/quality duties will be covered by QA
- Supervisor/HACCP Coordinator.
- Job experience in quality and food safety systems
- Statistical process control, corrective action and continuous process improvement experience
- Cost of quality analysis experience
- Specifications, calibration and process capability experience
- Total quality management knowledge
- Planning and designing quality projects and procedures experience
- Implementation of quality initiative experience
- Developing, delivering and evaluating quality and food safety training programs experience
- Assessing quality and food safety system performance experience
- Working knowledge of food processing, regulatory requirements, food preservation, food borne illness, food allergies, pest management, sanitary design, sanitation, and food microbiology
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 10-15 years in a related role within a high-speed food or CPG manufacturing environment
- BS in Food Science or related field
- Project management training
- Strong background in, and certification as, SQF Practitioner, PCQI, FDA, HACCP, and
- Certified Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Global food safety certification(s) or related exposure to BRC / other global certification boards.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong computer skills and related data statistical analysis tools
- Ability to create and deliver clear & concise content for presentations to stakeholders
- Ability to conduct visual inspections.
- Ability to climb ladders and enter confined spaces.
- Off-site travel required as needed
Relocation may be provided for the best candidate.
PrincetonOne is an equal employment opportunity employer.
TechnologyView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs