Paint Process Engineer
MRINetwork Jobs Eastaboga, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Paint Process Engineer is responsible for the process design, operation, and implementation. This position will improve industrial processes to maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability, and maximize profitability. The Paint Process Engineer will develop and implement tools and processes to improve paint system performance, including quality, up-time, and cost.
- Problem-solve (analyze data, determine root causes, develop implementation plans) and resolve issues that are affecting paint quality or throughput
- Manage paint vendor Reps
- Control Paint Vendor Reps expectations and responsibilities
- Control Paint Stain and Top Coat Inventory Levels and Reordering
- Interact with Production Supervisors
- Manage Pump-room employees and potentially sprayers
- Responsible for paint and stain from the start point of entering the facility till the point of shipping product
- Create, Maintain, and Monitor SOP and Work Instructions for Pour-Outs, Primer, Stain, Top-Coat application
- Support implementation of new processes and equipment
- Communicate between shifts and departments to implement best practices, resolve problems, and sustain consistent performance to objectives.
- Maintain process documentation.
- Experience with Color Standards, Air & Fluid Pressure settings
- Master Retaining Processes
- 5 Whys Root Cause Analysis, Red-Ticket and White Glove Program, Quality Alert
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities to improve operations by reducing costs, reducing energy usage, improve quality, etc.
- Support safety of the shop and operators
- Interface with production/maintenance personnel, plant leadership, and others outside the plant (Manufacturing Engineering, suppliers, etc.) as needed to resolve issues, implement improvements and communicate status and opportunities, etc.
- Establish a course of action to accomplish the completion of the job and/or project
- Propose and evaluate manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas.
- Direct the design, development, and/or improvements of manufacturing processes and equipment for assigned areas.
- Provide technical support for specific plant operations.
- Coordinate input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions.
- Keep abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Actively identify new areas for learning and take advantage of learning opportunities
- A high degree of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- High level of analytical ability, oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of industrial paint systems.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment - as an active team member, group facilitator, and leader.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Computer competence in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access.
- Knowledge of paint-related technologies (coatings, sealing, etc.)
- Four-year degree with Engineering or Technical degree preferred
- 5 years of Paint Quality experience required
- Experience with 2 K mix equipment required
- Must be able to traverse the production facility.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds at a time
ManufacturingView all jobs at MRINetwork Jobs